Beacon Technologies is looking for a Data Warehouse Analyst II to work in Madison, Wisconsin.
This recruitment will be used for one (1) Data Warehouse Analyst II position in the company's Business Intelligence section.
This position is for a dedicated IT Business Analyst! We are looking for a strong practitioner with five or more years of business requirements elicitation, documentation, stakeholder communication, requirements verification and testing as primary job responsibilities.
Preference will be given for candidates’ experience in gathering requirements for data warehouse/business intelligence projects!
- Responsible for leading and facilitating the communication with IT staff, business customers and other stakeholders, implementation services, and support services to assist in the development, implementation and support of business intelligence.
- Understands business objectives and problems, identifies alternative solutions, performs feasibility studies and cost/benefit analysis of alternatives in support of enterprise wide business intelligence.
- Manages the balance between business requirements and user expectations.
- Uses extensive experience as a liaison between users and technologists to drive requirements into design.
- Analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing processes: Confers with personnel of organization unites involved to analyze current business procedures, identify issues, and learn specific business requirements, such as how data is to be summarized, and formats for reports.
- Works with the team lead and manager to determine a detailed and prioritized list of objectives and activities for current and future projects.
- Responsibilities with include project work enhancing existing/new processes through data sharing, configuration, report writing and metrics.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues efficiently. Identify potential technology improvements to be leveraged in support of the business.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of test plans.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Experience with Human Services business intelligence is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in computer science.
- Work experience as a data analyst or in related field.
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large scale databases.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.