Beacon Technologies is looking to hire a Data Pipeline Engineer to work in Madison, Wisconsin OR in Washington, D.C.
At this job, your team will iterate quickly in a multi-account cloud architecture, with numerous data sources and models – that’s where you come in! You’ll work closely with the engineers, data scientists and security team to manage and maintain ETL processes including data ingestion, modeling, implementation and deployment. Your roles are to help move their software development practices forward and can help mentor others on design and best practices, be an active participant in product and platform architecture, keeping security and cost in mind, and be responsible for ensuring quality data and tooling for the Data Science team to leverage for machine learning breakthroughs.
What is being sought for in a person for this role:
- Demonstrated hands on software development projects in Python are required. You have direct experience in software build, deployment, version control, configuration and testing of applications using modern best practices.
- You have experience working with AWS cloud architecture such as EC2, RDS, S3, ECS, Lambda, DynamoDB, and machine learning operations in general.
- You’re opinionated about tooling and curious about new trends and technologies in the software development world.
- You like to work collaboratively with developers, data scientists and UX teams to improve the quality and resiliency of the products you’re releasing.
- You have a background in data collection and management, with a focus on automation and stability.
- You have working knowledge of data processing, parallelization and performance improvements including Pandas, SciPy and NumPy, or other toolkits.
- You have 4+ years of Python development experience, and are proficient with SQL.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills with a focus on good technical writing.
- Experience working in highly regulated industries like finance, health care or defense.
- Understanding of networking and network design principles.
- Experience working with Linux, RedHat and/or CentOS operating systems.
- Knowledge of virtualization and/or containerization strategies and technologies (Docker, VMWare, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Experience working in an Agile team
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.