Beacon Technologies is seeking a Data Engineer IV for a remote work opportunity.
The Data Engineer for this role must have between 4-8 years of professional experience in data-focused software engineering, have a solid grasp of the SDLC, and some hands-on data architecture experience. More requirements are below:
- Solid professional experience in both batch and real-time processing models/tools.
- Big Data experience/expertise in design patterns and tooling, preferably in the company's stack.
- Working knowledge of TDD, CI and CD concepts and tools.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and solid command of one or more core languages (Python, Scala, Java, C#, R, etc.)
- Experience with Big Data scenarios and distributed computing tools/frameworks, experience in company tool set a plus.
- Hands-on experience leveraging PaaS offerings in a public cloud environment.
- Understanding of data architectures and principles (e.g. ETL vs. ELT, schema on read vs. Schema on write, Lambda Architecture, Event-Sourcing)
- Good grasp of both batch and streaming patterns and technologies.
- Advanced understanding of data testing/QA/Validation.
- Data integration experience.
- Proficient Technical Acumen.
- Proficient Problem Solving Skills.
- Proficient Adaptability/Flexibility.
- Proficient Communication & Presentation Skills.
- Proficient Interpersonal Skills.
- Proficient Creativity and Innovation.
- Proficient Results Focus.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.