Beacon Technologies is looking to hire a skilled Data and Analytics Specialist to work remotely.
This role will be working with business and technical personnel in day to day operations as well as program and project managers on multiple work streams within a global cyber security program in which people, processes, and technologies are significantly impacted. We require a very strong team member that is well-versed in data analytics, business & IT analysis, and testing and has demonstrated success in both business and technical skills. Experience with cyber security, specifically Data Loss Prevention (DLP) preferred. This is a great opportunity to work within a fast-paced environment, within a global team. It will require flexible work hours to accommodate the global team with primary team members in the US, UK, and Australia.
You will support both a global Cyber Security program and ongoing cyber security operations by:
- Design and provision reporting solutions to enable project decision making, tracking and implementation
- Provision and support reporting solutions to enable business and IT BAU functions.
- Adherence to data policies & standards, while also enforcing correct management of sensitive data in compliance with global business rules, legal and governmental regulations.
- Remain vigilant to operational practices involved in data management and sharing, ensuring adherence to best practices for the protection of data against attack.
- Gathering requirements, providing expertise and guidance, and executing plans to enhance business capability, achieve results and support global organizational data loss protection
- Supporting and managing essential process documentation and implementation of functional and technical solutions
- Providing recommendations for improvement and implementing procedural changes to ensure technical solutions align with organizational objectives, regulatory standards, and business needs
- Conducting quality assurance (QA) activities by creating and executing test plans and test cases for DLP and DAR systems
- Expands and grows data platform capabilities to solve new data problems and challenges by identifying, sourcing, and integrating alternative primary data sources
- Ensure data integrity, accuracy and reconciliation within reports and dashboards by reviewing, identifying, and resolving gaps and inconsistencies.
- Foster a partnered approach, building and maintaining strong productive working relationships with internal stakeholders aligning service delivery with business needs
- Undertake problem investigation, analysis, and resolution to maintain and improve service to customers
- Contribute to the on-going development of the services provided to ensure it continues to support and meet business needs
- Develop implementation and improvement plans by eliciting business requirements from stakeholders to identify business needs, evaluate requirements and desired outcomes, analyze gaps between current and future state, and recommend solutions
- Analyze business requirements for accuracy, completeness, redundancy, ambiguity, and testability
- Assess, document, and communicate impact of changes to business and other stakeholders
- Collaborate with technical and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision, analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Identify and implement business processes as well as continuous improvement initiatives by assessing alignment of current process, programs, and systems to business requirements and recognize opportunities for standardization, increased efficiency, cost reduction, increased quality and improved user experience in order to enhance performance of the program
- Support end-users by thoroughly understanding user requirements, user experience. Requirements documented in a concise and accurate format
- Produce test documentation - design, build, and execute test cases for planned and ad hoc enhancements/changes
- Investigate defects and work with appropriate team members to resolve
- Coordinate with project/program team, including infrastructure, IT, and leadership to assure timely completion of testing activities
- Participate in policy reviews to ensure understanding of rulesets and rules to prepare for testing
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience: 5 years relevant experience
- Ability and availability to work with a global team
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Experience collaborating with technical, business, compliance, team members, and project/program managers to ensure a quality solution is delivered
- Experience developing and managing quality assurance and testing processes
- Evidence of successful participation in the delivery of complex program
- Working knowledge of a cyber security/data loss prevention/data access revalidation operations, and/or projects and programs and the appropriate milestones as it relates to quality assurance
- Working knowledge of terminology, function and fundamental capabilities of common computer, software, information and communication technology devices, components, and concepts
- Working knowledge of access management, including AD groups and permissions
- Working knowledge of requirements management methodology, tools, and technologies
- Applied knowledge of quality assurance principles, methods, tools, and technologies, including test plans, scenarios, strategies, and related procedures
- Self-motivated, assertive, detail oriented, and high degree of organization skills
- Business and data analysis and requirements gathering skills, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective collaboration, communication, and strong stakeholder management skills
- Working knowledge and understanding of SQL, relational databases, and reporting tools such as Power BI, Tableau, MS Reporting Services and Excel
- Impact analysis and strong problem-solving skills when gathering and assessing business needs to overcome potential obstacles and challenges.
- Facilitate meetings supporting all phases of assigned projects, using appropriate tools and technology according to meeting objectives and attendees
- Adapt and be flexible in a complex, changing and culturally diverse environment
- A good understanding of delivery frameworks e.g. AGILE, PRINCE2
- Performs a variety of tasks
- Works under general supervision
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.