Our client is looking for a Cloud Engineer to join our team! This role will be part of a team that builds the automation around provisioning, monitoring, and updating cloud infrastructure. The role will also be responsible for finding opportunities to improve our architecture using cloud and cloud-native technologies.
Security, data privacy, and system resilience are integral to the design and architecture. A candidate should have an appreciation for running platforms in the cloud with respect to security, cost, performance, and complexity.
- Work independently, or within the construct of a platform product team, to understand the technical requirements of our product teams to deliver creative solutions which meet or exceed those needs.
- Maintain awareness of emerging cloud-based industry trends and technologies which may create value.
- Produce and maintain documentation to support solutions that you have developed/deployed to aid in the support of the solution.
- Monitor cloud infrastructure to identify areas of improvement, reliability, cost savings, etc.
- Maintain and implement monitoring and alerting to help manage and ensure Service Level Agreements
- Configuration management, review, and governance of Cloud resources, identity and access management (IAM), etc.
- Enhance and maintain Continuous Delivery and Continuous Delivery pipelines (CI/CD)
- Automating our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our Cyber Security standards
- Performing software upgrades, kernel patching, and errata patches.
- Working with our automation stack - Cloud Formation, Terraform, etc.
- Actively troubleshooting any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch.
- Disaster recovery planning and testing.
- Troubleshooting and providing technical support services
- On-call rotation support for level 2 support issues.
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 4 years’ experience with deploying to and operating cloud environments and configuration management (AWS and/or Azure).
- Experience automating deployment of IaaS components including storage, network, and compute.
- Skills in automation and provisioning technologies, such as Cloud Formation or Terraform
- Understanding of cloud paradigms (tenancy, resource pools, elasticity, SOA, etc.), components (networking, hypervisors, storage, monitoring/logging/alarming, security, etc.), and service models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, serverless, etc.)
- Experience with IAM management of cloud resources.
- At least 2 years’ experience managing Kubernetes/Docker environment.
- Knowledge of systems operations, networking, and application servers
- Experience performing design/build/support of multiple operating systems (Linux, Windows)
- At least 2 years’ experience using source code management using Git.
- At least 2 years’ experience with scripting languages
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum teams and proficient in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- A degree in computer science, Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience deploying to and operating in AWS cloud.
- Working knowledge of C# .NET Core language
- Experience with Blue/Green & Canary deployments
- Experience with Gloo Edge for cloud-native API gateway functionality
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Dev Ops for source control and Agile process.
- Experience managing Kafka implementations.
- Experience with relational databases is a plus (PostgreSQL, MSSQL)
- Experience with Datadog for monitoring and application integrations.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.