Beacon Technologies is looking to hire a Business Intelligence Developer II to work remotely.
This developer will oversee the company data warehouse and BI solutions and supports the development, analysis, and implementation of the company's BI and analytical solutions. As a key member of this team, this person will rely on their strong analytic abilities and knowledge base to assist with data management, interpretation, data utilization to accomplish goals, and report on key UI/UX metrics while participating in corporate BI User Groups to provide input and mentorship as applicable.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Design, develop, implement, maintain, ETL processes utilizing current ETL tools and processes.
- Develop useful and intuitive reports via standard reporting tools with interactive dashboards with drill down capability.
- Lead the creation and delivery of data driven applications, business intelligence dashboards, reporting, analytics, and scorecards. Develop, maintain, and document the company BI UI/UX dashboard and reporting standards and processes.
- Design, implement, and maintain semantic layers & cubes.
- Ensure that the business intelligence documentation remains current, including Model Metadata, warehouse, and ETL documentation and diagrams.
- Support and executive projects and determine prioritization with the business for accurate timelines while making decisions on what is the most important to work on. Assess and advise on long-term goals for the enterprise data warehouse and analytics in conjunction with data owners and department managers.
- Understands and adheres to legal/compliance standards included in corporate policies and accepts ownership for accomplishing existing tasks that fulfill legal/compliance requirements. Reports compliance violations when identified.
- 6 to 10 years of previous related work experience.
- SQL programming experience Oracle, SQL Server.
- BI tools, PowerBI, Cognos, Tableau, Qlik, Data Lakes, ETLs PowerPivot and Visual Studio (BIDS).
- Hands on experience
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and solve business problems.
- Ability to understand and find appropriate applications for data and analysis results
- Knowledge of industry best practice quality standards
- Ability to work collaboratively with in a team environment
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience analyzing and building models with large data sets, exploratory data analysis, advanced forecasting techniques is a plus with Microsoft Business Intelligence Technologies including SSIS, SSAS and SSRS is preferred.
- Experience with analyzing unstructured and structured data within a big data environment
- Azure experience, or similar cloud experience
- Experience with data modeling tools and methodologies
- Project Management / Agile experience
- Strong communication and written skills
Education and experience (List the MINIMUM education and experience required to perform the essential functions of the position):
Required Degree: Bachelor degree from an accredited four-year organization/university.
Certificate (s): Preferred – Database Certifications
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.