Beacon Technologies is looking to hire a skilled Business Analyst to work for an amazing remote opportunity.
This role will be working with program and project managers on multiple work streams within a global cyber security program in which people, processes, and technologies are significantly impacted. We require a very strong BA that has demonstrated success in both business and technical BA skills! This will require working unusual hours to accommodate the global team with primary team members in the US, UK, and Australia. Experience with cyber security, specifically Data Loss Prevention (DLP) preferred.
Support and manage essential process documentation and project implementation of functional and technical solutions by collaborating with business and technical partners to gather requirements, provide expertise and guidance and help execute plans to enhance business capability, achieve results and support global organizational data loss protection.
- Develop implementation and improvement plans by eliciting complex business requirements from key stakeholders through multiple processes to identify business needs, evaluate requirements and desired outcomes, analyze gap between current and future state and recommend solutions.
- Translate business needs into actionable processes by evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reviewing needs analysis findings, escalating questions and clarifying issues to create, communicate and define user requirements for the development of effective solutions.
- Assess, document and communicate impact of change to business and individuals by collaborating with internal and external key stakeholders to analyze information needs and functional requirements, accurately define costs, schedule timeline and evaluate interdependencies to develop business requirements documentation for key stakeholder engagement.
- Collaborate and build relationships with technical and subject matter experts by regularly communicating to establish the technical vision, analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs and gather information to meet requests within area of responsibility and achieve service level agreements.
- Identify and implement business processes as well as continuous improvement initiatives by assessing alignment of current process, program and systems to business requirements and recognizing opportunities for standardization, increased efficiency, cost reduction, increased quality and improved user experience to enhance performance of position, team and company.
- Support end-users by utilizing a disciplined and systematic approach to ensure thorough understanding of user requirements, user experience and development and availability of relevant and accurate process documentation.
- Assist with the identification of training requirements for assigned projects and business units by providing input to the training plan, supporting the development of training materials and participating in the training for assigned projects as required.
- Participate in implementation planning by supporting the implementations for assigned projects and providing valuable input to ensure successful outcomes.
- Identify and eliminate risks to complex change implementation by planning user acceptance testing, clarifying and ensuring developers understand requirements, coordinating users, executing tests, monitoring test completion, escalating issues and soliciting feedback to support accurate testing and alignment with desired outcomes.
- Serve as business analyst expert collaborating with management to ensure business, technical, and project team alignment with key stakeholder objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 5 years Business Analysts experience, both technical and process improvement.
- Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate teams overseas
- Working knowledge of needs analysis best practices and procedures.
- Working knowledge of requirements management methodology, tools, and technologies.
- Working knowledge of terminology, function and fundamental capabilities of common computer, software, information and communication technology devices, components, and concepts.
- Working knowledge of relevant systems and system capabilities for business needs.
- Working knowledge of project management principles and methodology.
- Principles and concepts related to the insurance industry.
- Understand the principles underlying the relationship among facts and apply this understanding when solving problems.
- Observe and evaluate the outcome of a business need and interpret the results and their implications.
- Foresee potential obstacles and challenges, identifying root cause and recommending plans to address.
- Assist with defining a project's scope.
- Appropriately prioritize assigned tasks to ensure timely goal achievement.
- Effectively present thoughts to influence and persuade organizational leaders and key stakeholders to adopt innovative recommendations.
- Utilize advanced written and oral communication skills to inform key stakeholders.
- Facilitate meetings supporting all phases of assigned projects, using appropriate tools and technology according to meeting objectives and attendees.
- Navigate organizational structure by networking and building relationships among multiple business units.
- Share knowledge and educate others.
- Understand the needs and goals of a customer and actively look for ways to meet them.
- Exhibit leadership in every day interactions.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Work effectively under pressure; develop and adhere to deadlines.
- Adapt and be flexible in a complex, changing environment.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.