Beacon Technologies is seeking a self-motivated Business Analyst that has experience working with a pipeline of enhancements and production defects for a variety of Insurance-Related areas, including Billing and Accounting (AP/GL). Must be comfortable working with Data and Integration concepts, as they pertain to these applications/modules. What is driving this need from a business perspective? Increased demand for Application Maintenance and Enhancement (AME) Business Analysis bandwidth.
Ideal Candidate Qualities
- Familiarity with managing and prioritizing defects or Application Maintenance and Enhancement (AME) Requests related to Property and Casualty or Specialty Insurance Applications (Not Health or Life Insurance).
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks such as Scrum and Kanban, but maintains a flexible mindset for hybrid and waterfall engagements.
- Familiar with reviewing and querying high level spreadsheets or databases.
- Familiar with elicitation and documentation of API’s and other Integration requirements for Insurance Related Applications.
- Comfortable hosting independent elicitation sessions related to Insurance concepts and areas, such as Policy Administration, Accounting/Billing, Claims, etc.
- Strong Business and/or Analysis acumen and experience (5+ years).
- Familiar with Insurance processes and procedures, industry trends, standards and best practices.
- Works autonomously with strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently for results, as well as collaborate with a team.
- Multi-task and organize competing priorities.
- High attention to detail.
- Clear communication and documentation skills.
- Document meeting minutes and other essential project documentation.
- Demonstrate business functionality via visual modelling or process mapping.
- Adaptable and flexible with evolving project priorities and assignments.
- Validate performance and business readiness through testing and demonstration.
- Travel expectations: There is a low likelihood, but some potential for travel to NYC or other locations in the USA - Up to 4 trips per year once local public health guidelines permit for this.
Required Skills or Software Experience
- Familiar with Scrum and SAFe Agile concepts, but remains flexible with hybrid and waterfall efforts as our framework continues to evolve.
- Familiar with Insurance Accounting concepts, including Accounts Payable (AP) and General Ledger (GL) mapping needs.
- Familiar with Integration Applications like Mulesoft, WebMethods, Globalscape, etc.
- Track record of successful assignments and coordination of activities with other teams.
- Familiar with Policy Administration systems such as Odyssey or Majesco.
- Familiar with Digital Portals for customer and agency facing interfaces and information.
- Familiar with Underwriting Concepts, Tools and Pricing Platforms, Tools, or Engines.
- Familiar with Claims Management systems such as Guidewire Claim Center.
- Group facilitation and requirements elicitation.
- Process and Procedure analysis and mapping.
- Requirements gathering and documentation.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel).
- Professional Communication/Chat (Skype/Teams).
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team. Beacon Technologies, Inc is an equal employment opportunity employer with a functioning Affirmative Action Plan.