Beacon Technologies is looking for a Business Analyst/Consultant IV. This role is based in Madison, Wisconsin.
This position involves listening, analyzing, and documenting details about business processes, data and business rules. Additional duties include: reviewing and analyze highly technical frameworks, standards, and guidance from regulatory agencies and non-governmental organizations related to Medicaid information technology systems. Completing written reports and presentations to both technical SMEs and non-technical senior management providing options on how the company could leverage this information to advance its IT strategy.
General skills and experience:
- Experience with health data interoperability standards.
- Experience with Visio and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with web services and API ecosystems.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to clearly describe complex technical information in an organized manner.
- Strong process and workflow modeling skills.
- Excellent research skills and the ability to translate in-depth technical material into written reports for stakeholders with various levels of technical knowledge.
- Business analyst skills and experience:
- Efficiently plan and execute meetings
- Establish agenda and set meeting objectives
- Document and distribute meeting decisions and action items
- Timely follow-up on all action items
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Independently, performs a variety of complicated tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected!
- Efficiently and effectively divine business requirements from business area staff
- Use established business requirement templates
- Produce clear and concise requirements documentation
- Create traceability to RFP requirements
- Effectively and efficiently review and validate documented business requirements with business area staff and owners
- Review, analyze, and evaluate business systems and user needs
- Document clear test plans and create test cases that are traceable to business, functional, non-functional, and transition requirements
- Effectively and efficiently executes test plan and document test results
- Document defects and collaborates with other business analysts and developers to resolve and execute regression testing
- Facilitate review of test results with project stakeholders
Top Skills & Years of Experience:
- Services to be performed include acting as Business Analyst to listen, analyze, and document details about business processes, data and business rules.
- Review and analyze highly technical frameworks, standards, and guidance from regulatory agencies and non-governmental organizations related to Medicaid information technology systems.
- Complete written reports and presentations to both technical SMEs and non-technical senior management providing options on how the company could leverage this information to advance its IT strategy.
Nice to have skills: Certified Business Analysis Professional (CABP) preferred.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.