The Applications Development Manager is responsible for the design, development and implementation of applications following the full systems development lifecycle (SDLC). This role defines and manages resource requirements and allocations, monitors and improves quality, and ensures 'best practice' development techniques. The position works closely with client departments in development and implementation of application programs having impact on improving the business and is responsible for monthly financial management and administrative activities.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates systems analysis and applications development activities through direct and indirect staff.
- Partner with business and technology leadership to define, prioritize and achieve strategic objectives related to approval application development projects and platforms.
- Identify opportunities to deliver business value through business process improvement, organizational change and/or technology integration.
- Analyze project risks, costs, and benefits and make relevant recommendations to business and technology leadership team.
- Manage end-to-end application scoping, sizing, estimating, analyzing cross-impacts, planning, development, implementation and post implementation maintenance and support.
- Directs development teams in the areas of scheduling, technical direction, future planning and standard development practices.
- Participates in budgeting and capital equipment processes and quality improvement activities for the development organization.
- Implement best practices to ensure that all core IT functions are fully documented, supportable, and in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Ensure systems are kept at current software levels and evaluate the costs/benefits of upgrades for applications.
- Coordinate the formal functional and performance testing processes.
- Develop processes and tools that encourage continuous performance improvements.
- Regularly communicate the status of application development to all impacted stakeholders, set expectations and manage team members.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies.
- Experience developing highly scalable SaaS offerings.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery of software.
- Experience with Microsoft technologies, .NET, ASP.NET, Web API, SQL Server.
- Experience developing web applications and web services (REST/SOAP).
- Strong software development experience (full stack).
- Experience creating and deploying software to cloud based platforms (Azure or AWS).
- Knowledge of designing, coding, testing and debugging skills (Unit testing, automated testing, MS Tests, NUnit, xUnit etc.).
- Demonstrated track record of delivering multiple complex projects on time and within budget.
- Extensive knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to develop partnership-oriented relationships with business executives and functional leaders, especially as it relates to operations and technology.
- Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment with focus on timeliness, documentation, and communication with peers and business users alike.
- Experience with project management and conflict resolution.
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels within or outside the organization (executives, regulators, clients, etc.).
- Results oriented, business focused, and successful at interfacing across multiple organizational units.
- Advanced leadership skills and significant proficiency in development with a preferred focus on applications development.
- Typically manages and mentors supervisors, project leads and/or technical staff in one or more application development functions.
- Typically requires seven (7) or more years of application development experience and five (5) or more years of experience in a lead role and/or directly supervising others.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.