Beacon Technologies is looking for an Application Dev Manager. This role is remote work.
Application Dev Managers are one of the most important positions! Your team will be comprised of team of 10-15 other members. You will be responsible for driving projects to completion, growing your team and hiring/retaining the best talent.
Who are you?
- You are passionate about an opportunity to help shape the future of a new company.
- A strong Player/Coach – You have a strong technical foundation and can jump in and help if necessary.
- A great Mentor – Your high performing team will flourish and shine under your leadership.
- An excellent Team Player – collaboration is the name of the game!
- You see the big picture – You understand the business impact of your projects and how they align with other projects.
- You can make decisions – You have a decision-making process which allows your decisions to be firm.
- But, you’re still open minded! You balance your team’s opinions and know when to step back and listen. You can share examples of your commitment to your team.
- Provide technical leadership to project managers and programmers working on development project teams.
- Ensure that development projects are well architected and designed, meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Mentor and develop a high performing agile development team.
- Research and make recommendations on software products and services.
- As a liaison, ensure active, regular communication within your team and your stakeholders, facilitate prioritizing new information/data requirements.
- Review and analyze existing application effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Hire and train technical staff, prepare and conduct performance reviews, and manage a staff of full-time employees, contractors, and offshore resources.
- Manage teams to meet their commitments; features, scope, timelines, budget.
You will need:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline with software development focus
- 7+ years’ experience as a Software Engineering
- 3+ years’ experience as a technical leader responsible for project delivery in an Agile environment
- Strong working knowledge of Angular 2+ with TypeScript
- Ability to perform development and/or programming design and systems management involving web based applications, automated software and system management tools
Experience with the following is a plus but not required:
- Working knowledge of Build Servers like: AWS CodeBuild, Jenkins, CircleCI or Travis. Use with the Serverless Framework or AWS CloudFormation
- Working knowledge of Docker Containers
- AWS Cognito, Auth0, OKTA or OneLogin
- AWS DynamoDB, AWS S3, AWS Athena, AWS SQS and AWS CloudWatch
- Swagger and contract first microservice development
- AWS Lambda or Azure Functions highly desirable
- Design patterns that support automated UI, Unit and integrations tests such as MVVM, MVC and Dependency Injection
- Have led a team in maintaining a Continuous Integration testing strategy that utilizes a testing pyramid pattern.
- Experience in working with service integration and microservice architecture, AWS cloud architecture is highly desirable
CORPORATE CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Adaptability -Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Initiative -Deals with problems as they arise, focusing energy and resources on those situations until resolved; identifies new opportunities and takes action; takes on new responsibilities when needed.
- Results Focus -Can be counted on to meet or exceed goals; pushes self and others for results; is a conscientious worker who can be relied upon to handle unforeseen obstacles.
- Customer Focus -Meets internal and external customer expectations; delivers upon her commitments; build customer confidence; follows through on requests gaining trust and respect.
- Ethics/Integrity -Is seen as a direct, truthful individual; adheres to appropriate core values at all times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches.
- Decision Making -Bases decision on a combination of analysis, knowledge, and experience; is able to make decisions with incomplete information and under tight deadlines. Gathers data, seeks input from key stakeholders, and bases decisions on relevant facts considering both the long and short term implications and impact of decisions both on project goals and on other departments.
- Teamwork -Works well as part of a team and shares ideas and information; helps resolve team conflicts; works well with other departments; is comfortable establishing positive working relationships throughout the organization.
- Interpersonal Skills- Relates well to all types of people; builds appropriate rapport; listens; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; truly values people; can diffuse high-tension situations comfortably.
- Work Quality/Attention to Detail -Is committed to providing the highest quality products and services to meet the needs and requirements of internal and external customers; is thorough and can be relied on to perform with accuracy and effectiveness.
- Job Knowledge -Has the functional and technical knowledge to do the job; is able to apply the knowledge; takes the initiative to keep the knowledge up-to-date.
- Communication -Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
- Innovation -Generates new and unique ideas; is able to make connections among unrelated notions; is seen as original and inventive in brainstorming sessions; is good at building on creative ideas of others.
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.