The Android Developer role works closely with the mobile development team to develop, test, maintain, and support high quality native Android applications for internal and external clients. Works independently on medium to large development projects that require an in -depth technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines/processes. Defines and discerns key aspects of problems that require analysis and research and develops a solution within a broad technical and business context of significant impact. Works on multiple projects as a project team member and frequently as a project team leader. May coach and/or mentor more junior technical staff. Typically requires more than five (5) years of development experience with two (2) year mobile development experience.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain next generation native mobile applications for Android.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop functional, user-friendly mobile applications.
- White label current Android mobile applications for clients.
- Write unit and UI tests for code robustness, usability, and reliability.
- Fix bugs and improve performance.
- Research and stay up to date on new mobile technology trends and protocols.
- Review code to ensure compliance with overall design parameters and corporate development standards.
- Contributes to the estimation of user stories as part of release and iteration planning meetings.
- May serve as technical lead, architect, project lead or principal developer.
- May mentor or guide mobile development work of less experienced development staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Nice to have: Works with CI/CD processes and tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proficient with Java, Android Studio and Android SDK.
- Experience with Kotlin and/or Gradle a plus.
- Knowledge of MVVM design patterns & experience migrating MVP to MVVM highly desired.
- Proficient with Git or similar version control tools.
- Experience with LiveData, ViewModel, Navigation Components & other JetPack components desired, including FastLane.
- Proficient with UI testing frameworks such as espresso or UI Automator a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile environment with a daily scrum desired.
- Understanding of Test Driven Development (TDD) concepts and secure coding practices desired.
- Experience consuming Web APIs (REST & SOAP) a plus.
- Skilled in front-end / UI development.
- Familiarity with FireBase a plus.
- Focused and agile under pressure.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment with focus on timeliness, documentation, and communications with peers and business users alike.
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels within our client or outside the organization (executives, regulators, clients, etc.).
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team. Beacon Technologies, Inc is an equal employment opportunity employer with a functioning Affirmative Action Plan.