Beacon Technologies is looking for an Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Developer who is available to work in Madison, Wisconsin or in Washington, D.C.
Job Summary Below
- Responsible for the design, development, and testing of websites and applications that makes use of, or is based on, Adobe Experience Manager.
- Develop, document and enforce application standards and procedures.
- Provide strong testing and debugging skills at all levels, including unit, system, integration and performance testing.
- Assist with the estimation of development tasks, project planning, risk identification and mitigation planning.
- Disciplined and detailed documentation of code changes.
Technical Guidance and Support 25%
- Serve as a lead developer or technical lead leveraging your AEM expertise by leading/educating others on the functional and technical capabilities.
- Mentor junior team members, ensure software developed adheres to best practices and quality standards through code and design reviews.
- Assist with leading customer-driven solutions utilizing strong technical design skills and strong working relationships with internal groups.
- Support end users troubleshooting and resolving incidents.
- Work with Business Owners and Business Analysts in the assessment of requirements regarding AEM architecture, technologies, internal interfaces or connections to third-party systems
- Guide users in formulating requirements, advise on alternatives and on the implications of new or revised processing analysis.
This position requires extensive knowledge and experience with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), including:
- Experience with AEM Developer tools such as: Apache Felix, Apache Sling, Jackrabbit, and CRXDE.
- Familiarity with the Java Content Repository API.
- Knowledge of OSGi and its Declarative Services.
- Familiarity with building tools, including Maven.
- Knowledge of version control tools, especially Git.
- Experience with testing at all levels: unit, integration, functional, and performance.
- Familiarity with task management, bug tracking, and wiki-based documentation tools like JIRA.
- Disciplined with documenting of code changes.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Demonstrated leadership, teamwork, and collaboration in professional setting.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
The following are strongly desired:
- AEM Certification.
- Experience working with other relevant WCM and ecommerce packaged solutions.
- Experience with one or more back end/server-side technologies including: SOAP/REST, SQL/NoSQL databases, ESB, and Microservices.
- Experience with one or more Java concepts and patterns including: Java/J2EE, JSP, Sling, JMS, JUnit, Eclipse.
- Working knowledge of multiple web and application tier technologies: Tomcat, Apache Http, SOLR, open source packages, Content Delivery Networks (CDN)
- Experience with Salesforce.
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Technology Management, Information Systems or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience implementing Adobe Experience Manager (Sites, Assets) solutions.
- Minimum of 4 years of hands-on Java/J2EE software development experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of full life cycle implementation experience using various SDLC methodologies (Agile, Waterfall)
About Beacon Technologies
Are you looking to advance your career in information technology? Beacon Technologies offers career advancement opportunities, extensive training, and excellent benefits including paying for health and dental premiums for salaried employees. In addition to providing interesting opportunities, Beacon Technologies provides that old fashioned, personal touch, so you feel like a part of the Beacon team.