Windows System Engineer-5951924
Beacon Technologies is currently recruiting for a Windows System Engineer for a client in Milwaukee, WI.
- Responsible to combine all individual Operating System interruptions into one all encompassing view.
- Responsible to monitor, measure, track, report and optimize on actual business/clinical application performance as experienced by end-users through the use of performance monitoring packaged applications.
- Monitor network components for utilization, capacity and change impact.
- Evaluate and implement monitoring systems to identify problems and alert technical staff.
- Document installation and support the tools used to capture statistics/alerts.
- Define scripts and rules used to audit response time and utilization
- Provision and configuration of Windows 2008R2\2012R2 physical servers using HP Hardware
- Imaged Window 2008 Physical servers
- Responsible for Application installation and Data Migration
- Completed documentation (CMDB), forward tasks for required server resources, monitoring and backups.
- Configured firewall settings, opened ports for monitoring, built in DMZ
- Managed NTFS file permissions
- Test and troubleshot application issues
- Build and virtualize testing software/ other applications, patching, and maintenance on MS Server 2008r2, Server 2012R2
- Create user accounts, deleted users, added OU’s and group policies within Active Directory 2012
- Build\provisione\configure VMware ESXi 5.5, VSphere, VCenter 6.0, and VMtools
- Install and configure Office365
- Work with Team Viewer, Symantec, Global Protect, and VPN
- Typically requires 5 years of experience in performance monitoring and scripting.
- Knowledge of and experience in automated Test Scripts such as Compuware’s Test Partner using Visual Basic Application.
- Knowledge of and experience in performance monitoring tools such as Concord’s System Edge, Application Response and eHealth, Test Partner, BNC’s Patrol, SAS, servers such as Microsoft SQL Server, Network- WAN/LAN, TCP/IP, HTTP, servers, routers, bandwidth, Windows 2000, NT.
- Knowledge of multiple OS’s, and network dependencies and design.
- Demonstrated ability in trouble shooting skills.