Windows Server Administrator-6897645
The ideal candidate would be an experienced Microsoft Windows Server Administrator with the willingness and ability to develop the skills necessary to perform administration of the company’s Epic Infrastructure. This candidate will provide enterprise-level support for one of the country’s largest Epic implementations. Additional experience that would benefit this candidate would include administration of Windows 2008/2012 servers, server virtualization, Microsoft IIS Web services, Microsoft Print Services, and .Net framework.
- The Administrator is responsible for day-to-day maintenance, performance and tuning, upgrades, working with application teams on requests, troubleshooting issues, and working with various infrastructure and site support teams.
- The candidate is expected to demonstrate ability in the following areas: installation, configuration, analysis, troubleshooting, monitoring, backup, recovery, capacity management, performance management, automation, and preventive maintenance.
- The position also requires strong communication skills and the ability to work well in teams. This position will focus on maintaining 100% uptime for the Epic system.
- Windows systems engineer, server 2008R2, 2012Rs, Citrix, Active Directory, Group Policy
- Plans, schedules, and coordinates system and application software installations and upgrades for systems implemented in the region.
- Ensures team follows change management processes and makes suggestions on change management process improvements.
- Installs and supports device integration solutions.
- Maintains understanding of technology stack components from desktop to wide area network, to troubleshoot integration conflicts and isolate issues for resolution.
- Analyzes business requirements and creates technical recommendations.
- Evaluates new and existing software products.
- Provides maintenance, testing, documentation and training for the operating systems and hardware.
- Assists with and supports workstation and server administration procedures.
- Ensures capacity monitoring processes are followed and initiates corrective activities.
- Monitors and tunes diagnostic imaging and other systems implemented in the region to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Assists in capacity monitoring and planning process design and review.
- Recommends improvements to current technical architecture.
- Implements backup and recovery procedures to ensure data/media recoverability for site-based systems.
- Participates as needed in disaster recovery and business continuance configurations and procedures.
- Follows quality assurance processes to ensure proper system operation, optimum performance, and absence of defects.
- Ensures integrity for application delivery and directory administration for the Region.
- Creates tasks, work estimates, and resource requirements on those tasks.
- Monitors tasks and resources and initiates corrective actions.
- Communicates with staff and clients in order to keep them informed with regard to activity status and potential problem areas.
- Acts as an escalation point with vendors and staff to coordinate application software and hardware changes.
- Prioritizes problems and issues as needed.
- Works collaboratively with vendors at technical and management level to resolve problems and manage escalation.
- Performs root-cause analysis and solves application software and hardware problems.
- Tracks and trends problems and makes recommendations towards resolution.
- Collaborates with technical staff for problem resolution of more complex software and hardware problems, to include wireless technology environment and complex printer issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Typically requires 3 years of experience in Microsoft Platforms, Network Communications, and Project Management.
- Experience in using backup tools, storage systems, and network management systems, application delivery systems and supporting directory technology systems.
- Knowledge of operating systems, vendor-specific environments, and other system software.
- Knowledge of systems administration and the inter-relationships between application code and server operating systems and desktop operating systems.
- Knowledge of hardware and software as used in the clinical and/or business setting.
- Demonstrated facilitation skills and ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical clients.
- Demonstrated ability to translate user requirements into system specifications.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to gather, organize and present data.
- Strong problem and issue resolution skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.