We are looking for a passionate UX/UI Designer to join our client’s growing UX team. In this role, you will assist in the design of engaging, intuitive experiences across a product suite of web applications. You will solve complex problems by mapping user journeys, creating low-fidelity sketches and wireframes, to high-fidelity mockups and prototypes. You will collaborate with fellow UX designers, product managers, business analysts, subject matter experts, and software engineers throughout the design process.
- Develop and define experience maps – what is the flow the user takes to accomplish their tasks, where do they begin and exit a feature?
- Sketch and create wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and clickable prototypes to communicate interaction and design ideas for complex web applications.
- Utilize observations, research, and analytics to help with ideas, and conduct tests to help validate them.
- Work with the product and engineering team to understand feature requirements, champion user experience needs, and then turn those needs into concepts, mockups, prototypes, and design specifications.
- Contribute and maintain a style guide, pattern library and component library to ensure consistency throughout a product suite
- 1+ years’ experience as a UX/Interaction designer, or related experience (this requirement can include any time spent in formal education)
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and XD, or other similar UX related tools
- Exceptional eye for detail, ensuring quality of the design is upheld from concept to release
- Sound design fundamentals: color theory, visual hierarchy, typography, and iconography
- Act as a continuous learner who actively seeks out and gives feedback to improve the experience
- Strong portfolio featuring design work that highlight visual and interaction design
- Flexibility, curiosity, and ability to embrace complex design problems
- Ability to present work with confidence to a variety of audiences and make design decisions based on research
- Comfortable designing responsive experiences from mobile, tablet and desktop
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in User Experience, Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or related field preferred
- Experience designing business enterprise web applications or new software products a plus
- Basic knowledge in HTML, CSS, Angular, and/or other common UI frameworks, so you have an understanding of what is realistic and can collaborate with developers.