Telecom Network Administrator-5516
This position is responsible for the administration and management of the company telecommunications infrastructure and systems and administering the IP-based phone system including all servers, gateways, phones, trunks, and ancillary systems such as paging and faxing systems. This position is responsible for working with the business to help define, architect, and implement features and applications that will provide our customers with the best experience possible. All telecommunications technology procurement and management is also a primary responsibility of this individual.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs, configures, builds, and manages the IP telephony environment including IVRs, reporting, attendant configurations, and gateways.
- Works with the Network Engineering team to ensure that the network is designed to provide an optimal call experience.
- Coordinates and performs telecommunications related tasks, in executing service moves, adds, changes, disconnections (MACDs).
- Installs, configures, maintains, and upgrades components/systems that support various telecommunications systems and applications.
- Responds to and resolves telephone system and related problems reported by customers.
- Performs or coordinates correction of telephone system alarm conditions.
- Monitors telephone system performance to insure dependable and uninterrupted operation of telephone communications.
- Maintains strong, productive relationships with service providers.
- Escalates persistent problems and poor vendor response for management visibility and additional resources to resolve issues.
- Identifies and coordinates the replacement of malfunctioning or inoperative equipment, such as telephones, line cards and server components.
- Coordinates carriers and cabling providers in the installation, repair, and restoration of voice circuits (PRI, T1, and Analog).
- Assists in developing implementation plans to upgrade communication systems.
- Troubleshoots entire communications systems to determine if problem is telephone hardware, software, inside cabling, or carrier circuits.
- Assists in developing emergency plans to deal with catastrophic events.
- Assists in specification/installation of telephony hardware.
- Acts as escalation resource to lower tier support personnel to resolve support related issues.
- Provides “after hours support” when necessary.
- Provides training when necessary for lower tier personnel.
- Researches, recommends, and implements technologies to meet current and future business needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- An Associate’s Degree or equivalent background and work experience in the telecom field or related area
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a telecom role supporting a multi-location enterprise telecom environment
- Demonstrates an expert level of experience with networking protocols including: TCP/IP, QSIG, SIP, H323, MGCP and SCCP, networking topologies including: SONET, MPLS, Ethernet, IPBX, PBX, Unified Communications, Voice Mail, Call Accounting, traffic engineering / shaping, and QoS in a fully converged network.