Beacon Technologies is currently recruiting for a Telecom Engineer with experience in Avaya and Telecommunications.
Essential Job Duties:
- Manage multiple location telecommunications
- Manage the WIFI network throughout enterprise
- Provide weekly, monthly, and on demand KPI reporting
- Maintain vendor relationships for all data circuits, including availability
- Maintain all conference room audio and visual equipment
- Develop, review, and maintain all documentation SOP’s and user documentation
- Adhere to all corporate policies and SOP’s
- May be involved in desktop engineering and support for root cause analysis or oversight of key issues.
- On-call, after hours SME support
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to listen mindfully, identify gaps and ask appropriate questions
- Ability to organize one’s work and space to ensure successful completion of assigned tasks within the identified timeframe
- Ability to adapt to new circumstances, information and challenges in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Must be able to work under pressure and deliver results within deadlines. Escalate as appropriate.
- Resource and task management skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Advanced troubleshooting techniques.
Minimum Education Required:
BS Degree in Computer Science, or 5-10 years’ work experience in Telecommunication support.
Minimum Related Years of Experience (per minimum education) Required:
- 6+ years in Avaya or similar related phone technology support
- 5+ years telecommunication vendor management and support
- 5+ years networking fundamentals
- 5+ Desktop support experience
- 3+ years working with ITIL Practices or similar enterprise experience
- Linux server (Redhat, Ubuntu, CentOS) experience is a plus
- A valid driver’s license is required