Beacon Technologies is looking for an experienced Technical Writer that is able to create, update, and manage documentation. They will partner closely with leadership as well as the representatives to gain a full understanding of their own needs and clearly document relevant policies and procedures. They will need to provide recommendations for enhancements to the knowledge base and assume ownership of content.
- Determine the needs of end users of technical documentation
- Study product samples and talk with product designers and developers
- Work with technical staff to make products easier to use and thus need fewer instructions
- Organize and write supporting documents for products
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding
- Select appropriate medium for message or audience, such as manuals or online videos
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Gather usability feedback from customers, designers, and manufacturers
- Revise documents as new issues arise
- Identifies and develops necessary knowledgebase content.
- Designs and develops knowledge base content and supports the rollout of information using change management techniques and training solutions.
- Identifies, authors, edits and publishes knowledgebase content.
- Analyzes processes and participates in solution development ensure functional requirements are met and meetings facilitated with key stakeholders.
- Develops processes to maintain the knowledgebase to ensure content is both up-to-date and consistent.
- Establishes and coordinates the activities necessary to successfully complete knowledgebase deliverables on time and within budget.
- Communicates project status and metrics to service center leadership.
Education and Required Experience
- BA in Communications, English or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in Technical Writing and related business experience that includes end user experience, functioning as the interface between operational and technical experts, providing operational support for systems and analyzing business processes.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Proficient MS Office(Word, Excel, PowerPoint), SharePoint/Web content authoring and publishing.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective business relationships and build consensus.
- Effective consulting, facilitation and presentation skills on complex topics with all levels of personnel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, team environment and foster teamwork across human resources functions.
- Proven ability to meet multiple deadlines, prioritize multiple demands and identify/solve problems creatively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), SharePoint/Web content authoring and publishing
- Ability to handle multiple priorities independently.