Beacon Technologies is recruiting for a Technical Writer to analyzes design changes and contract requirements to identify technical manual requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes design changes and contract requirements to identify technical manual requirements.
- Attends product design, In Process review meetings to determine impact on manuals.
- Supports project schedules.
- Supports meetings and activities as needed with engineering, service, marketing and outside suppliers to gather, refine and validate information to support assigned tasks and responsibilities.
- Supports the development of operator, troubleshooting, maintenance manuals using desktop publishing software, which adheres to documentation guidelines and templates to ensure the resulting materials are substantively complete and exhibit a professional and consistent “look and feel.”
- Works with printing vendor to submit electronic files, verify proofs and coordinate final print jobs.
- Operates digital camera and related equipment to obtain photographs required for technical manuals.
- Supports the development of publication content in p/c based desktop publishing and illustrating software.
- Provides assistance to internal and external customers in the use of operator and service manuals.
- Understands bill of material concept.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and other related engineering design and manufacturing documentation as required.
- Develops CD-ROM master of each new and/or revised manual for duplication and distribution.