Technical Support Advisor — 7089
Beacon Technologies is looking for a Technical Support Advisor to work for a client located in Madison, WI.
If you enjoy technology and assisting others, we would LOVE to hear from you!
The Technical Support Advisor position is a shift position that provides 7/24/365 support of the client’s customers. Specifically, this position will:
- Provide first contact support for residential and small business customers to resolve service repair/installation, video, voice and HSD connectivity issues
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills in order to exceed customers’ expectations and to minimize escalations by taking ownership of customer reported issues.
- Answer calls in a Call Center environment, generating trouble tickets and updating tickets, as needed, until the issue is resolved
- Interface between customers and technicians by effectively gathering the required information from customers via scripts and troubleshooting experience and documenting them in a trouble ticket.
This position is eligible for an excellent benefits package – many benefits start on day one!
- Paid 3 week classroom style training
- Paid time off: 10 vacation days and 5 personal days accrued per year, separate sick time accrual and paid Holidays!
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits with coverage that starts day 1!
- Educational assistance after 1 year of service
- 401K match
- Excellent promotional opportunities
*Multiple shifts available, but primarily second shift opportunities.
Respond, troubleshoot and if necessary generate a trouble ticket for residential & small business customers’ repair/installation (service interruptions, requests, complaints & etc.), issues. This may include the following tasks:
- Using various programs but not limited to, Aspect Uniphi Connect (ACD), UTS, CSG, BBX and web-based access to ports, switches and voicemail
- Conducts initial troubleshooting including using knowledge of cable/video products and services, prior to entering ticket.
- Educate customers on technical issues in order to prevent repeat customer calls
- When applicable, relay ticket status with customer and team-members
- Defuse high tension situations by taking ownership, demonstrating empathy, proposing alternatives and negotiating credits when appropriate. If necessary, escalate issue to the next level of support. Respond to customer e-mail inquiries
- Respond to customer online Chat inquiries
- Regular attendance and promptness for work are essential functions of this position because absenteeism and tardiness significantly impact the ability of the Company and coworkers to meet our customers’ needs.
- 6+ months customer service, help desk, troubleshooting or call center experience -OR- current/prior military service with honorable discharge.
- 1+ years experience using a PC
- Must follow the attendance guidelines to meet our
Apply NOW if you think this is the job for you!