Technical Architect III-11990
The services provided in this by the Technical Architect will support the CICS infrastructure. This contract position will be responsible for maintaining the client’s CICS environment.
- Maintaining the CICS environment requires experience with CICS upgrades and maintenance using SMP/e as the install tool.
- Routine updates to the CICS configurations, implementing, and maintaining peripheral CICS software.
- Assisting developers with CICS related issues.
- The environment also includes interaction with DB2, IMS, and print functionality.
- Design, implement, and maintain the organization’s IT CICS infrastructure.
- Provide an architectural framework for information system development, maintenance, and enhancement efforts.
- Understand user and process requirements and ensure those requirements can be achieved through high quality deliverables.
- Work closely with developers and engineers to develop road maps for applications, align development plans, and to ensure effective integration among information systems and the IT infrastructure.
- Monitor technological advancements to ensure that solutions are continuously improved, supported, and aligned with industry and company standards as well as emerging business requirements.
- Understand the interactions between systems, applications, and services within the environment, and evaluate the impact of changes or additions.
- Analyze systems and perform usability testing to ensure performance and reliability, enhance scalability, and meet security requirements.
- Requires experience and proficiency in discipline.
- Conducts complex work important to the organization.
- Works with minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
- Typically requires five to nine years’ experience or equivalent education.