Systems Engineer Lead (VMware VDI)-6291
Beacon Technologies is recruiting for a highly experienced VMware VDI Engineer to support a Horizon 7 VDI upgrade/redesign. This position will be based out of Madison, WI. Candidates local to area are a plus.
- Replace existing EOL (end-of-life) server hardware
- Move to a just-in-time desktop model by provisioning desktops on the fly and delivering applications at customer logon based on course enrollments and/or role
- Implement an architecture (“block” model) which will allow for predictable growth with known costs
- The College is seeking a highly experienced VMWare VDI Engineer to support a Horizon 7 VDI upgrade/redesign. This position will be based out of Madison, WI. Candidates local to area are a huge plus.
- VMWare Horizon VDI Sr. Engineer to provide project and engineering support for VDI environment and participates in the development and implementation of operational procedures and standards.
- Design, implementation, and upgrades for all VMWare View software pieces.
- Assist with analysis, administration, and support of thin clients, virtual, and physical desktops.
- Develop and maintain Documentation and Standard Operating Procedures for VDI environment
- Assists in ensuring compliance with security policies and procedures
- Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
- Participates in the development and implementation of VDI-related operational procedures and standards.
- Has current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- This position requires experience deploying and upgrading VMWare View and Horizon solutions.
- Working knowledge of other VMWare products is also a plus.
- Virtual application delivery and management (desired: VMware App Volumes 2 or greater)
- VDI user profile management (desired: VMware User Environment Manager 9.0 or greater)
- Virtual Desktop Administration (desired: VMware View 6 or greater)
- Windows Desktop Administration Skills. Microsoft (desired: Windows 7 or greater)
- VDI Just-n-Time Desktop Provisioning experience (desired: VMware Instant Clone)
- Virtualization Infrastructure Experience (desired: VMware vSphere 5.5 or greater)
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to work and interact with others in a structured / team environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail, must have organizational skills
- Independent problem solver with troubleshooting, decision making and analytical skills
- Requires limited supervision, self-starter, strong time management skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to handle competing work demands
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Improve user-experience (faster login times, more supported applications, improved 3D graphics)
- Document the architecture of the solution
- Install/Configure servers
- Install/Configure vSphere/vSAN
- Install/Configure Horizon 7 Enterprise Suite