Systems Engineer — 6934
Beacon Technologies is looking for a Systems Engineer for a client of ours in Milwaukee, WI. The Systems Engineer (SE) is a member of the Infrastructure and Support team whose responsibility is to ensure the stable operation, reliability, security and support of systems, cloud and networking infrastructure. The SE performs work supporting the overall integration of the assigned systems enterprise-wide including participation in planning, design, installation, maintenance, management, and coordination with the Business Systems and Software Development teams. The SE will be responsible to support all aspects of the environment including managed changes and incident tickets.
· Responsible for daily operational tasks and projects across the technology portfolio.
· Responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of the required hardware, software, and related cloud and on premise infrastructure.
· Ensures that hardware, operating systems, application software, and related procedures adhere to organizational compliancy and operational requirements.
· Work collaboratively with all IT teams to centralize and standardize processes.
· Assist in the creation and distribution of solutions to improve processes and procedures.
· Design and implement support methodologies based on ITIL standards to provide a highly performing and available environment.
· Participate in architecture, planning, and support of the hosted and cloud environments.
· Standardize processes to drive automation and facilitate rapid return to service.
· Prepare, coordinate, and execute change control to correct issues and enhance both production and non-production systems.
· Advise management on tactical and strategic operational improvements to enhance operational capabilities and lower costs of delivery.
· Documenting commonly encountered issues and creating documentation on newly implemented systems.
· Design, build, install, configure and monitor servers in a physical and virtual environment. Preferably in a cloud environment.
· Technical competency in core technologies: Cloud, Windows Server/ Desktop, Cisco and Meraki networking.
· Solid working knowledge of Active Directory, TCP/IP and DHCP.
· Strong knowledge of local area network administration.
· Advanced working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, including DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, and Active Directory.
· Demonstrated experience with Windows systems installation, maintenance and troubleshooting, including Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2020.
· Attention to detail & strong troubleshooting skills
· Ability and experience to analyze and tune performance issues by leveraging various industry-standard monitoring and reporting tools
· Working knowledge of scripting languages (PowerShell/ Python as examples).
· Advanced level troubleshooting of both hardware, networking and software related issues.
· Must have good interpersonal communication and organizational skills to work with clients and manage critical issues.
· Ability to effectively obtain, share, analyze and convey information. Ability to collaborate with peers, managers, and clients.
· Outstanding oral and written technical and non-technical communication skills, including the ability to interact with varying business and technology groups, as well as a keen attention to detail.