Systems Engineer — 14384
Beacon Technologies is looking for a Systems Engineer for a client located in Madison, WI.
The client is looking for a System Engineer 1 to join their highly-skilled team to be responsible for its core desktop management including the management systems required for configuration, automation, deployment, and administration of over 3,000 devices and 2,500 application versions.
Below are requirements the ideal candidate must possess:
- A solid technical, analytical, and troubleshooting skill set.
- Be able to work independently as well as collaborate in a small team setting with technical peers.
- Be able to manage daily support activities with larger deployments and milestones.
- Familiarity with the following environments: Lenovo desktops, HP notebooks and tablets, local printers, Ricob MFD devices, Windows 7, Windows 10, SecureDoc Encryption, Office 2010 and 2016, and Office 365.
- Analytical/problem solving skills (4 years)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (4 years)
- Excel (MS) experience (3 years)
- MS Office products (3 years)
- Outlook (MS) (3 years)
- MS Word (3 years)
- IT Technologies–skills and concepts knowledge (4 years)
- Experience with SecureDoc Encryption (2 years)
- Desktop management systems such as LANDesk / SCCM–patching / software deployment (2 years)
- Microsoft AD Administration Tools (3 years)
- MS Office 2010/O365 (3 years)
- MS Windows 7 / Windows 10–system configuration / upgrade (3 years)
- Scripting–Winbatch, VBScript, AutoIT, PowerShell, DOS Batch, etc. (3 years)
NOT required, but helps to have:
- Understanding of methodologies and experience with agile (3 years)
- Knowledge of Electronic Document Management, BPM, Workflow, and Scan / Capture software using products (2 years)
- Access knowledge (3 years)
- Active Directory Tools knowledge (2 years)
- .Net (MS) (2 years)
- Macros in MS Access 2003 (3 years)
- Operating system administration (3 years)
- Documenting requirements (2 years)
- Requirements gathering (2 years)
- Experienced with RSA (2 years)
- 3rd level IT problem resolution (2 years)
- Software packaging (2 years)
Below are the job duties:
- Enable BITS to meet the immediate support needs for workstation support staffing that support application projects.
- Participate as a project member to ensure high priority projects and submit them in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assure for the workstation hardware and software technical infrastructure, including activities such as keeping software at current levels, researching, and installing new and or additional hardware/software.
- Scripting and deploying software/application updates to workstations.
- Provide daily 3rd level problem resolution to technical staff and customers.
- Be able to work in a team.
- Provide technology support to assist staff to manage their workload demands and stay on schedule with critical business timelines for projects.
- Make business process improvements–refresh technology to assure that IT applications continue to perform as needed.
If you feel as if you meet these requirements and the job sounds perfect for you, apply now!