Systems Analyst 3-11916
Beacon Technologies is recruiting for a Systems Analyst with experience in analytical problem solving, communication, and technical web and technologies applicable to web design.
- Understands business objectives and problems, identifies alternative solutions, performs feasibility studies and cost/benefit analysis of alternatives.
- Analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing computer system: Confers with personnel of organizational units involved to analyze current operational procedures, identify problems, and learn specific input and output requirements, such as forms of data input, how data is to be summarized, and formats for reports.
- Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer program.
- Reviews computer system capabilities, specifications, and scheduling limitations to determine if requested program or program change is possible within existing system.
- Studies existing information processing systems to evaluate effectiveness and develops new systems to improve production or specifications as required.
- Prepares specifications to detail operations to be performed by equipment and computer programs and operations to be performed by personnel in system.
- Conducts studies pertaining to development of new information systems to meet current and projected needs.
- Plans and prepares technical reports, memoranda, and instructional manuals as documentation of program development.
- Upgrades system and corrects errors to maintain system after implementation.
- May assist computer programmer in resolution of work problems related to project specifications, or programming.
- Develops backup and recovery procedures.
- Evaluates outcomes.
- May prepare time and cost estimates for completing projects.
- May direct and coordinate work of others to develop, test, install, and modify programs.
- Independently performs a variety of complicated tasks, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Systems Analyst capabilities with 8 or more years of experience, relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals