Beacon Technologies is recruiting for a System Engineer with experience with VMware v6, Exchange, Citrix, and Avamar.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Under general supervision, works from existing policies and procedures to administer and configure computer hardware and systems.
- Follows and revises existing system administration procedures including backup/restore, patching, and availability and capacity monitoring.
- Updates documentation as necessary.
- Participates in design discussions for new system implementations.
- Implements new systems in accordance with published standards and tests to be sure solutions meet requirements.
- Leads simple system changes and completes project tasks in a timely manner.
- Works with project leaders and customers to achieve successful outcomes.
- Works with end users and developers to resolve incidents, and assists junior engineers with troubleshooting.
- Assists with troubleshooting during system outages, including providing after hours support when required.
- Participates in production change control and follows established guidelines for implementing changes.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- 3-5 years of experience on the system being managed
- Has advanced familiarity of systems being managed, including formal training or certification
Technical Skills Desired
- VMWare v6
- Exchange / Lync 2010
- Office 365
- AD services
- Citrix XenApp
- General storage background