The System Administrator position is responsible for advanced system administration focusing on core systems and technologies. This position administers software-based technologies such as network operating systems, corporate messaging, application/web servers, database servers, security platforms, monitoring applications, and advanced desktop operating system management. This position also provides support for hardware-based technology in the data center such as servers and storage.. This position will develop project plans, lead projects, and act as a mentor for junior System Administrator roles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configures, builds, manages, and monitors the Microsoft Active Directory environment.
- Manages and monitors core client-server technologies such as DNS, DHCP, KMS, and GPO.
- Manages and monitors remote desktop environments such as Microsoft Remote Desktop Services, Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp, VMWare VDI.
- Manages and monitors Microsoft Windows Server environment including patch deployment, operating system upgrades/deployment, application installation/upgrades and configuration.
- Plans for and responds to service outages and other problems.
- Responds to system problems during and after normal working hours as needed.
- Supports and mentors junior Network Administration, Desktop Support, and Helpdesk Analyst staff.
- Leads projects to implement new technologies including project definition, product selection, implementation, and documentation.
- Utilizes various scripting tools and languages to automate processes eliminating work and creating consistency
- Manages and monitors corporate messaging environments.
- Participates in the execution of business continuity / disaster recovery activities.
- Develops and documents system standards.