Surveillance and Access Control Technician — 14360
Beacon Technologies is looking for a Surveillance and Access Control Technician for a client located in Madison, WI.
The chosen candidate will be in charge of the following duties at work:
- Install, configure, and maintain the organization’s network.
- Build network and maintains external and internal web presence and administer the network.
- Perform system backups on its internal and external web network servers.
- Perform a variety of tasks and may lead the work for others.
- Network Administrator capabilities with eight or more years of experience in the field of in a related area.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Following skills/experiences expected:
- Create & modify system documentation: Intermediate MS Visio, SharePoint (1 year)
- Ability to be self directed (3 years)
- Able to work independently (3 years)
- Analytical/problem solving skills (3 years)
- Good interpersonal skills (3 years)
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail (3 years)
- Experience troubleshooting technology support issues (3 years)
- Experience working with equipment vendors and warranty policies (2 years)
- IBM compatible PCs (3 years)
- Installation and Maintenance of PCs (3 years)
- Network Topology (3 years)
- Trouble shooting all hardware (3 years)
- Cable/Fiber Management (1 year)
- Cisco (3 years)
- Cisco IOS (Routers and switches) (3 years)
- Cisco Routers/Switches, Firewalls, VPN Devices (3 years)
- Design and implement network topologies based on the following technologies (3 years)
- Develop detailed technical designs to meet agency’s network needs (3 years)
- Diagnostics & Troubleshooting (3 years)
- Ethernet (3 years)
- Firewalls & Protocols (3 years)
- Network Administration (3 years)
- Problem/change Management (1 year)
- Experience in maintaining Windows operating systems and hardware (3 years)
- MS Windows 10 (1 year)
- Work with vendor to resolve hardware and software problems (2 years)
- Install new hardware and software (2 years)
- Server builds and troubleshooting experience (1 year)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (1 year)
- Knowledge of storage concepts (1 year)
- Experience with wireless networking (1 year)
Nice, but not required:
- Image deployment for Windows and MacIntosh
- Network +
- Nexus OS
- SolarWinds Orion, Network Performance Monitoring
- Experience with design, installation and configuration of video surveillance systems
- Web access control
- What’s Up Gold
- Experience with Palo Alto firewalls