Sr. Network Engineer – 6599159
Our client in Milwaukee is looking for a Business Analyst with Project Management skills
This is a potential Contract to Hire assigned to network infrastructure projects
- Can perform all the functions of the Network Engineer. Coordinates and implements moderate to high risk network changes (switches, routers, and systems hardware) independently to mission critical functional areas while following established designs and configurations already developed. This role has a significant emphasis on wireless networking technology.
- Must be proficient in supporting Cisco wireless technology including management and delivery (Including but not limited to Cisco AP’s, controllers and management software).
- Provides input into the development of documentation of configuration and network changes made.
- Integrates components (eg., servers, switches, routers, physical cabling, etc) supplied by multiple vendors into a single unified network.
- Resolves Tier 2 localized high impact network problems. Escalates complex network connectivity issues to vendors or Tier 3 as required.
- Demonstrates a detailed knowledge of the network infrastructure for which they provide administration and develops a working understanding of the inter-relationships between applications and network impact.
- Assures technical development of other team members through sharing of knowledge and experience.
- Acts as technical project leader for medium to large size technical projects (e.g., backbone upgrades, firmware upgrades, etc.).
- Researches, provides input into recommendations and justifies various hardware and software purchases and participates in determining hardware, software and administrative standards and procedures.
- Participate in on call rotation. Resolves complex help desk tickets and network problems. Tracks and trends issues and drives resolution.
- Acts in an escalation role with vendors and staff to coordinate application/operating system/network changes. Prioritizes cases/points as needed. Understands and follows change management processes.
- Typically requires 5 years of experience in a technical related infrastructure/network environments performing network engineering (hardware and software) and designing, planning, and implementing LANs and WANs using the latest technology.
- Understanding of distributed systems architecture and comprehensive knowledge of multiple technical disciplines and excellent technical knowledge and aptitude in the areas of networks, network topologies, applicable software, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Knowledge/skills in LAN/WAN and desktop skills, such as OS/applications: Novell NetWare , AIX, Citrix.
- Knowledge/skills in Client/server: NT Server, NetWare, Unix, Internet, Network hardware – routers, switches, CSU/DSU’s, protocol analyzers.
- Knowledge of Network protocols, routing protocols, wireless Security protocols, frame relay, and broadband.
- Knowledge of Networking monitoring/ configuration tools.
- Strong ability to work independently, exercise judgment and creativity in analyzing and solving unusual problems or situations that arise.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with a diverse client population.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently, manage priorities, and complete assignments in a timely manner and meet productivity standards.
- Ability to effectively handle customer contacts and problem resolution.