SQL Data Warehouse Developer-6858133
Beacon Technologies is currently recruiting for a SQL Data Warehouse Developer who has a skill set in SQL Server, SQL, PL/SQL, and performance tuning.
- Analyzes complex business application information needs and/or clinical activities and formulates practical requirements for improvements whether automated or manual. This may include software recommendation, process improvements, system design enhancements, training and support.
- Proactively evaluates the effectiveness of programs and systems to effectively propose new development options.
- Translates user requirements into conceptual design specifications and reviews with the user to insure accuracy.
- Leads medium size projects through all phases of system development including: planning, development, implementation and operation.
- Develops and documents the project specifications including scope, direction and resource requirements.
- Keeps users and management appraised of project status and design decisions as required.
- Writes new computer programs to conform to analyst and user specifications and revises existing computer programs to conform to new requirements and computer configurations and meets time frames.
- Functions within department and technical standards for programming, systems design and analysis.
- Performs comprehensive testing to ensure error-free production software.
- Creates stored procedures for data scrubbing and data loading.
- Codes, tests, and implements complex programs.
- Develops appropriate programs and systems documentation according to established IT standards.
- Codes extract and summarization routines.
- Creates optimized data structures or Data Marts to support complex data analysis.
- Designs and implements automated warehouse processes and report and batch processing programs.
- Supports standards, guidelines, and methods through use of data definitions, diagrams and data modeling tools and techniques.
- Supports and troubleshoots production systems as required, optimizing performance, resolving production problems, and providing timely follow up on problem reports.
- Analyzes technical problems relating to applications, hardware, software, and operating system failures and takes corrective action to minimize current and future impact on the user community.
- Builds new applications interfacing with other systems and/or users incorporating industry trend development strategies and technologies having user-friendly designs using Oracle application and warehouse tools and/or Microsoft Office client server application development tools.
- Provides assistance in new systems development, new package system evaluations, and enhancement of existing systems.
- Assists with the support of various 3rd party vendor applications ranging from vendor liaison, system administration, data interfaces, and supplemental application development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Requires 5 years of experience in working with data warehouses and data marts in data management and integration, design and development, application management, source system analysis, dimensional data modeling, data table specifications, report writing, requirements gathering, testing, and data manipulation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Technical experience utilizing full life-cycle development techniques and methodologies.
- Knowledge and experience in various operating systems and databases such as Unix/AIX, Linux, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Microsoft Access.
- Knowledge and experience in programming languages: SQL, PL/SQL (Procedural Language/Structured Query Language), Oracle Developer Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Application Basic Client query and report writing tools: Oracle Discoverer, Oracle Reports, MS Access.
- Knowledge and experience in warehouse entry and presentation tools: Oracle Forms, Oracle Portal.
- Knowledge and experience with various Data Warehouse/Data Marts and Microsoft Office Development Suites.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a group and balance multiple priorities while consistently completing complex tasks in a rigorous goal-oriented manner.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and logical thinking, creativity, self-reliance, communication skills and ability to effectively integrate varied components of a system.
- Team player with a positive attitude, strong commitment to customer service and a desire to learn healthcare related systems and business processes.