Software Development Manager-6077
The Software Development Manager will focus on building and maintaining a thriving technical team, while pushing them to take our company to new heights. We are looking for an organized team leader who is passionate about mentoring and coaching a team of talented software engineers, and helping to drive them to deliver cohesive solutions. This is a key leadership position within the technical department of the organization.
- Mentoring our development team (help develop leadership skills, provide timely feedback).
- Managing resources to ensure we have the right people working on the right projects.
- Understand the technical stack. Although your job is not to write code, you need to have a basic understanding of the tech stack so you know where changes are needed, offer possible solutions, and push back on the developers.
- Make sure that the team is communicating with clients/customers effectively.
- Manage the commercial side of development (recognize where there are opportunities to reduce the support costs for the team).
- Be the voice of the team in the business, and the business within the team; ensure the team feels up to speed on what is happening within the company and where their work fits in.
- Work with the team to ensure sufficient processes and tools are in place to meet the requirements of the business and customers.
- Balance the mentoring, secretarial, project management, account management and PR duties that live within this management position.
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- 3-5 years managing experience
- Familiarity with software development and/or a background in technology
- Project planning and prioritization
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills
- Strong recruiting and hiring skills
- Love of Dogs! . . . Or just tolerance. We’re a very canine friendly workplace.
- Software development experience
- Experience with agile software development frameworks
- Our tech team is happy, feeling challenged, and working hard.
- Projects are getting completed on time with a reasonable feature set and low technical debt.
- You’re able to answer questions about your team, their performance, and their projects.
- You find yourself excited to tell people about what we’re building here. You wake up truly excited because you know what you do today will directly impact a young growing company.