Senior Systems Engineer-Team Lead-6436
Beacon Technologies is recruiting for a Senior Systems Engineer – Team Lead to lead the design and the build next generation infrastructure. As the Senior Systems Engineer – Team Lead, you will enhance and extend the capabilities of the current infrastructure to accommodate our future growth, leverage new technologies to improve reliability and scale for our Omni-channel, eCommerce business, and recommend solutions to issues that arise.
The successful candidate will be a creative thinker, and a disciplined engineer (doer), relying on both experience, data, and intuition to make good decisions and qualified judgments. We are looking for someone who has a great positive attitude, highly intelligent, motivated to learn and grow within the organization.
- Ideal candidate would be a creative thinker and problem solver, have an entrepreneurial mindset, and approach internal business customers from a consulting perspective.
- Interact with business and other IT teams to answer questions, resolve problems, and address requests with a superior level of technical support.
- Ability to handle conflict, influence without direct authority, and coach/mentor.
- Strong communication and technical skills.
- Professional and courteous attitude with attention to customer service.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills including root-cause analysis.
- Oversee the planning, design, and implementation of system engineering projects.
- Strong ability to work independently and complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- Ability to work efficiently on multiple projects.
- Assist with Infrastructure Portfolio management.
- Must have proven teamwork and leadership skills.
- Work with solution architect to develop technology strategies and roadmaps.
- Performance reviews and development plans for up to 10 staff and\or contractors.
- Change agent. As a leader, understand the basics of organizational change and helping staff transition their skills to new advanced technologies.
- Manage a team budget for operational expenses and capital projects. Participate in annual budgeting process as needed.
- Act as a servant leader with a focus on collaboration, confidence, empathy, and humbleness, to develop a high performing team.
- Senior position, minimum 7 – 10 years of experience in large enterprise preferred.
- 5+ years of proven work on Microsoft Servers and Domains. Server 2008/2012/2016.
- 5+ years of proven virtualization experience. Vmware, Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop, VDI.
- Experience with Storage Area Networks and Network Attached Storage.
- Experience working with both Enterprise System tools & processes, and Service Level Management tools& processes – Server and Application Monitoring, Service Mapping, Event Correlation, Operations Orchestration and Automation, Configuration (CMDB), Asset Discovery, Infrastructure Test and Release, and Financial Management. Nagios, Solar Winds, Dynatrace, Service Now.
- Experience working with Active Directory and Group Policy Management, Internal DNS, ADFS, Ping, PingFederate.
- Experience working with or deploying Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Skype/Teams.
- Experience working with Windows File/Print services including DFS.
- Possess working knowledge of Clustering Technologies.
- Experience with enterprise integration tools, Java Programming and Linux/Unix.
- Experience working with Microsoft SCCM, Microsoft SCOM, and Solar Winds.
- Experience working in a continuous improvement, ITIL environment.
- Strong understanding of Mac OS.
- Strong understanding of Disaster Recovery / Backup and Restore Tools and Techniques.
- Possess working knowledge of Cloud infrastructure using Amazon EC2 or Microsoft Azure.
- Possess a working knowledge of project management, organizational change or transformation.
- Possess working knowledge of Security management experience – Familiarity with the ten domains.
- Knowledge of enterprise systems (CRM, ERP, OMS); including Oracle.
- Ability to be in an on-call rotation to assure critical incident response 24 x 7 x 365.
- A degree or comparable work experience.
- Microsoft Certifications: MCSA, MCSE/MCITP.
- Vmware Certifications: VCP, VCAP/VCIX.
- Current professional certifications from Citrix, Mac, Red Hat, IBM, Nutanix, Cisco, Agile Scrum, ITIL, CISSP, or Six Sigma are a plus.