Senior Systems Analyst/Java Developer-5878
Beacon Technologies is currently recruiting for a senior level application developer/analyst.
- Requires a strong technical background/experience to be a key member of the team that develops, maintains, and integrates business-critical systems.
- Assignments require the individual in this position to act as an integral part of the development team to architect, design, and develop innovative solutions.
- Assignments often involve research in the application and/or business area and have a direct impact on assigned project schedules, costs and performance.
- Assists IT Leadership Team and project leaders/managers in the development of feasibility analysis, tasks-environmental study, requirements definition, system conceptualization and cost-benefit study.
- Develops general design of a system in accordance with specifications.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum of five years Guidewire configuration and integration experience
- Minimum seven years of experience in object-oriented programming (Java, C++) skills
- Ability to lead/provide consult to large projects/programs
- Java, JDBC, Web Services, SOAP, XML/XSLT, JSP Transfer protocols (HTTP, FTP, EDI etc.)
- Understanding of Thunderhead and Ratabase
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of iterative development process
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 product suite, Microsoft SharePoint 2010, and Microsoft Office 2010 product suite
- Technical certification in Guidewire PolicyCenter, BillingCenter and ClaimCenter
- Demonstrated LEAN application, demonstrates insight and thought leadership to reduce or eliminate complexities