Senior Systems Analyst-6040
Senior level application developer/analyst requires a strong technical background/experience to be a key member of the team that develops, maintains, and integrates business-critical systems. Assignments require the individual in this position to act as an integral part of the development team to architect, design, and develop innovative solutions. Assignments often involve research in the application and/or business area and have a direct impact on assigned project schedules, costs and performance.
- Configures and integrates packaged applications with existing systems
- Partners with business units and business analysts from Project Management Office to create innovative solutions and identify alternative procedural solutions and costs associated with each solution.
- Takes a leadership role on inter- and intra-departmental projects including:
- Developing and managing project plans and timelines,
- Keeping the project leader/manager and the IT Leadership Team informed,
- Providing technical assistance to team members and directing their project-related assignments,
- Reviewing team’s work for completeness and correctness in accordance with specifications, soundness of technical judgment and overall adequacy, and
- Ensuring adherence to established standards in design, programming, testing and documentation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead/provide consult to large projects/programs
- Java, JDBC, Web Services, SOAP, XML/XSLT, JSP Transfer protocols (HTTP, FTP, EDI etc.)
- Understanding of Thunderhead and Ratabase
- Working knowledge of iterative development process
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 product suite, Microsoft SharePoint 2010, and Microsoft Office 2010 product suite
- Technical certification in Guidewire PolicyCenter, BillingCenter and ClaimCenter
- Demonstrated LEAN application, demonstrates insight and thought leadership to reduce or eliminate complexities
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Property/casualty insurance or financial services experience desired.
- Minimum of five years Guidewire configuration and integration experience
- Minimum seven years of experience in object-oriented programming (Java, C++) skills