Senior Systems Administrator-RR5212
We are currently recruiting for a motivated and passionate Senior Systems Administrator who is responsible for advanced system administration focusing on core systems and technologies.
This position administers software-based technologies such as network operating systems, corporate messaging, application/web servers, database servers, virtualization platforms, security platforms, monitoring applications, and advanced desktop operating system management. This position also provides support for hardware-based technology in the data center such as servers and storage as well as core systems such as storage area networks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs, configures, builds, manages, and monitors the Microsoft Active Directory environment.
- Designs, manages, and monitors core client-server technologies such as DNS, DHCP, KMS, and GPO.
- Designs, manages, and monitors remote desktop environments such as Microsoft Remote Desktop Services, Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp, VMWare VDI.
- Manages and monitors Microsoft Windows Server environment including patch deployment, operating system upgrades/deployment, application installation/upgrades and configuration.
- Plans for and responds to service outages and other problems. Responds to system problems during and after normal working hours as needed.
- Supports and mentors junior Network Administration, Desktop Support, and Helpdesk Analyst staff.
- Leads projects to implement new technologies including project definition, product selection, implementation, and documentation.
- Utilizes various scripting tools and languages to automate processes eliminating work and creating consistency.
- Designs, manages, and monitors corporate messaging environments.
- Participates in the planning and execution of business continuity / disaster recovery activities.
- Develops and documents system standards.
- Designs, manages, monitors, and maintains the VMWare environment.
- Manages and monitors the storage area network.
- Has basic understand of networking concepts and technologies.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a role supporting a multi-location enterprise server environment
- Associate Degree with a focus on Information Technology (IT). CompTIA Server+, VCP, MCSA/MCSE or related technology certifications preferred
We are looking for well rounded professionals with good interpersonal skills as well as strong verbal and written communication.