Senior Storage Administrator-7801810
Beacon Technologies is recruiting for a Senior Storage Administrator provide technical administration and support of storage systems (disk and tape systems, controlling/monitoring software and SAN/NAS infrastructure), using specialized technical knowledge. They will utilize specifications, builds, installs, and maintain moderately complex software and application environments using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer. They are responsible for the planning, designing, implementation, administration and maintenance of storage systems and projects.
- Participates in all technical activities for storage/tape systems to ensure high reliability, efficiency, and cost effectiveness.
- Ensures that the highest-level problem determination and resolution for storage systems are provided on a timely basis.
- Responsible for reviewing installs and modification to all storage systems.
- Analyzes and resolves problems associated with storage/tape systems.
- Detects, performs diagnosis, and reports related problems for follow up and resolution determination.
- Ensures adequate change control, storage/tape system standards, and procedures are developed, implemented, adhered to in order to meet department and organizational service levels.
- Tests application data on a regular basis to ensure it is retrievable and restorable.
- Oversees and assists with the installation of vendor software maintenance.
- Performs system installations and maintenance of moderately complex storage/tape system software, utilities and purchased software required to support the platform, and performs analysis, modification, and testing.
- Designs, installs, configures, supports, and administers virtualization products.
- Uses product utilities to administer (measure bandwidth utilization, storage/tape optimization).
- Investigates and resolves problems related to the availability, operation, and performance of products within the assigned software.
- Resolves help desk tickets as needed and troubleshoots associated problems.
- Participates in on-call rotation, escalates issues as needed.
- Is available on a 24-hour schedule to analyze and solve problems which develop in the incumbent’s area of responsibility and expertise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Requires 5 years of experience in storage systems, data backup recovery, storage area networks, and project management.
- Advanced knowledge of SAN, NAS, RAID, SCSI, tape, clustering, and content-addressable storage technologies to include enterprise level expertise in SAN and NAS devices as well as Fibre Channel switching environments
- Knowledge of operating systems, vendor-specific environments, and other system software.
- Demonstrated ability to translate user requirements into system specifications.
- Advanced organizational and analytical skills. Ability to gather, organize and present data.
- Attention for accuracy and a concern for detail.
- Advanced problem and issue resolution skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set appropriate priorities and accomplish assignments in a thorough and timely manner.
- Strong oral and written communications to understand, interpret and communicate technical materials, instruct others, prepare, and present reports.
- Ability to understand and follow change management process.
- Ability to provide technical support for both infrastructure design and troubleshooting server and system problems efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability for analytical and logical thinking.