Senior Salesforce Developer-7286052
Beacon Technologies is currently recruiting for a Senior Salesforce Developer for a large client in Madison, WI. Candidates need to have strong Salesforce experience.
Key Responsibilities and Skills
- Plan, design and build a Salesforce build and release pipeline in a source control centric solution.
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce Metadata API and capabilities/limitations as it relates to build/release and version control.
- Hands-on experience building a source control driven deployment solution using the Force.com Migration Tool and Ant.
- Strong understanding of developer-centric custom development and Salesforce administrator configuration as it relates to metadata that can be versioned controlled.
- Understanding the challenges of Salesforce platform upgrades as it relates to metadata changes and how that impacts deployment to sandboxes and production as it relates to the release version on that destination environment and source control repositories.
- Understanding of the Git Flow branching and merging scheme.
- Establish strategies for rollbacks and destructive changes.
- Establish a communication strategy and notification process for deployment following a basic governance and compliance model.
- Create process documentation for source control and deployment as well as any one off pre-or post-deployment configuration.
- Define, collect, and report metrics that measure progress and performance of the build.
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD/Dev Ops concepts, tools and technologies (Jenkins, TFS centric triggered build processes).
- Train development teams and administrators on build and release processes.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to be self-directed in an environment with undefined/unrefined requirements.
- Strong communication skills to be able to convey source control, build and deployment concepts to multiple audiences of differing technical expertise (IT developers, Salesforce Admins, business).
- Demonstrate ability to provision new Salesforce environments.
- Create custom Apex, Visualforce, Lightning Components and configure through the UI.
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum/Kanban team environments
- Expertise on tracking pre-and post-deployment activities and data migration in Salesforce.
- Must be fluent with creating a variety of metadata through custom code and the Salesforce UI to prove out version control and deployment functionality/capability.
- Knowledge on Salesforce Apex programming, Visualforce pages, and Lightning Components.
- Knowledge in data migration tools, such as Workbench, Data Loader and DBAmp.
- Extensive experience with Eclipse, Force.com Eclipse plugin, eGit for Salesforce metadata retrieval and deployment.
- Experience building Force Migration Tool scripts to retrieve, describe, and deploy metadata, including those not exposed in the Force.com plugin and managed packages.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Git version control. Specifically creating TFS build and release definitions specific to a Salesforce implementation.
- Knowledge on Salesforce Administration and configuration concepts.
- Deploying SaaS applications and services into production.
- Exposure to Public Cloud computing.
- Salesforce Admin 201, App Builder, Platform 1 developer certifications is a plus or other demonstrable knowledge of Salesforce admin and development concepts.
- com Sales and Service Cloud implementation experience.
- Knowledge in Single Sign-On / OAuth /Connected Apps / IDPs and/or their implementations
- Strong understanding of the purpose of different Salesforce environments (individual developer sandboxes, development, demo, UAT, QA, staging, production) and governance around deployment and change tracking against these environments.
- 2+ years in a technical lead role.