Senior Engineer — 7096
Beacon Technologies is looking for a Senior Engineer to join a team located in Middleton, WI.
This exciting role is customer facing and requires strong a knowledge with Cisco ACI related features (contracts, micro-segmentation, etc.) and security. The Engineer requires skills directly related to the design, implementation, and management of software defined networking (SDN) solutions. Data center technologies and concepts (platforms, virtualization, storage, networking, administration, compute, service-graphs, etc.) experience strongly preferred.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide advance network implementation, support and troubleshooting services.
- Maintain consistent contact with customer staff to ensure that services conform to customer requirements.
- Provide a broad range of services in the assessment of customer’s network requirements; including Routing and Switching, Security, and Wireless technologies.
- Engage with other divisional engineer resources to provide the appropriate resolution for customers. Services include in-depth knowledge of the customer’s infrastructure and configurations.
- Engineer and research technology based upon capacity or functionality requirements for routing and switching, security, and wireless.
- Implement tactical plans to meet timelines and ensure minimal disruption to the Customer environment.
- Assist with development of documentation for standards requirements within the department.
For this unique opportunity and specific platform, additional responsibilities include:
- Work closely with company’s stakeholders and partner vendors to design and implement Data Center solutions. These solutions will be customized to each client’s environment and will meet all requirements established by our clients.
- Deploy, administer and document production tools for day-to-day operations and monitoring
- Ensure network security best practices are used to protect sensitive networks
- Perform network modeling, monitoring, analysis, and planning
- Design, staging, configuration, implementation execution and/or oversight, verification and validation testing, and documentation support for Data Center installations as necessary.
- Develop and adhere to best practices, ensuring customer satisfaction, and knowledge sharing with peers.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher -OR- 4+ years of professional work experience
- 5+ years’ experience supporting complex network
- Certification or willingness to complete certification within one year of employment
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Availability to consult, assist, and/or perform after-hours support and participate in on-call rotations
- Wireless Technologies
- WAN design experience
- F5/A10 Load Balancing experience
- Network Monitoring/Management software experience
- Skilled in using Visio and other network documentation software.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Other certifications preferred (CCDP, CCVP, CSSIP); CCNP or CCIE a strong plus
Please apply NOW if you think you are right for this job!