Our Wisconsin based client is looking at rewriting their current data intake process for truck fuel receipts and GPS route readings. This will involve building a system that can daily process thousands of files with multiple formats having potentially millions of records. It will also involve integrating with 3rd party providers to get GPS route data having readings every few seconds per truck. The overall system will need to be scalable, durable and fault tolerant.
Must Have Skills /Experience:
- Top notch senior developer/architect who will work with a client architect to code the core infrastructure. Overall project team size will be around 6-8 developers.
- Experience designing and coding highly scalable multithreaded systems.
- Object Oriented Design and design patterns. Must have experience developing using OOD, along with using multiple design patterns.
- C# .Net, SQL Server, Unit Tests.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Azure expertise (Blob Storage, Web Jobs, Web APIs, Security and Deployments).
Main Components of The New System:
- Cloud base solution that can concurrently process multiple large files throughout the day.
- Generic configuration based conversion code to standardize input data (files or data pulled from vendor APIs).
- Integrations with multiple GPS providers to get client route data.
- Integration with a third-party routing software to summarized route information (miles traveled by state).