Beacon Technologies is recruiting for a developer to be responsible for configuring, building/coding, and unit testing applications or technical architecture components. They will support a clear transition to the testing role and assist in the deployment to production.
- Review and understand the requirements and technical specifications as part of a solution
- Analyze system design and develop coding strategy/configuration approach of the solution
- Develop application code or configure packaged solution following the requirements, technical specifications, and system design
- Follow corporate coding standards and guidelines to include security, architecture, and data
- Work with other developers, designers, and architects to make sure that the configuration and custom components meet application requirements and performance goals
- Create unit test cases, execute unit and component integration tests and document results; automate these as much as possible.
- Resolve problems in code or configurations
- Document solution, including program logic, procedures, implementation/deployment instructions and technical recovery plans and ensure transition to functional support
- Participate in handoff of the application or technical architecture components to the testers to ensure clear and complete understanding of the application
- Ensure appropriate sign-offs, back out plans and audit controls (versioning) are in place for deployments to production
- Perform and execute deployment tasks
- Responsible for coordination and execution of design reviews
- Agile development experience – Understand and be an active, engaged participant in Scrum team.
- Work with teammates to refine PBIs, complete committed work and offer perspective on the team’s continuous improvement efforts.
- Provide leadership, architectural guidance, and training to professional staff in project management, planning, estimating, reporting, scheduling, quality assurance and workflow direction on projects of any size.
- Provide constructive feedback to individual team members and their respective manager regarding performance on projects and support work.
- Develop and maintain a high degree of client-specific knowledge and associated business systems knowledge commensurate with work experience.
- Educate others, collaborate, and effectively communicate verbally and in writing with management, team members, IT Infrastructure, and clients to influence solution delivery, applications architecture, and business direction.
- Continually enhance and share knowledge in application development best practices, technologies, methodologies, and standards.
- Acquire, effectively apply, and train others in new technical skills as driven by business need and/or technology advancements.
- Develop and maintain an expert-level understanding of industry trends and proactively work as appropriate with decision-makers to drive change within and across IT organizational units.
- College degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Management Information Systems
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the entire Software Development Lifecycle.
- Expert level development experience and knowledge of Salesforce including Force.com IDE, migration tools, and data integration tools
- Hands on experience with Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, and Lightning
- Experience with Agile development
- 6 months engagement experience with at least one of the following skills: requirements analysis, technical specification development, task planning and tracking, or providing technical leadership to at least one other developer
Additional Job Details:
- In addition to the requirements above, experience in the following areas is preferred: – automated unit testing and test-driven development with Salesforce
- Experience in Salesforce source code control integration
- Experience in build and release automation with Salesforce
- Experience that is nice-to-have: – .Net, – SOA – SQL Server – web services development (REST, SOAP) – multi-platform/n-tier design and development, etc.
- MVC – object oriented development
- Experience and knowledge of SOLID principles
- Git source control
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I, Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II, Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder
- Proven ability to communicate business and technical information to varied audiences both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment, demonstrate peer leadership and provide a high level of customer service
- Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills