Senior Database Administrator-7871520
Beacon Technologies is currently recruiting for a Senior Database Administrator with in-depth experience in Oracle and SQL.
- Under minimal supervision, defines, creates, and maintains data models.
- Analyzes, tests, and implements physical database design supporting various business applications.
- Ensures data recovery, maintenance, data integrity and space requirements for physical databases are met.
- Maintains database dictionaries, performs backup and recovery, monitors standards and procedures and the integration of systems through database design and maintenance.
- Performs the highest level of technical support of relational database environment
- Creates and maintains complex large-scale databases required for development, testing, education, and production uses.
- Provides complex modifications to purchased database software to support configuration and change management, and testing activities as required.
- Collaborates with users to determine requirements and plan software installations for the application areas assigned.
- Controls migration of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle.
- In collaboration with systems administration, performs capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases.
- Investigates and resolves all problems related to the availability, operation and performance of products within the system software.
- Assists database staff members with the diagnosis and problem resolution of more complex problems.
- Performs on-going relational database management system (RDBMS) performance monitoring and tuning.
- Closely monitor performance, identify problems, and implement solutions.
- Ensures the database is running at optimum speed and efficiency.
- Consults with users and staff members on technology changes that will impact workflow and/or systems or application performance and availability.
- Plans and implements backup and recovery of the databases.
- Responds quickly to refresh data, verify implementation of correct backup strategy, and supports the recovery of lost data caused by user or system error.
- Participates in the annual Business Recovery Test.
- Coordinates activities of the project team and assist in monitoring project schedules and costs.
- Assists with high priority projects.
- Ensures team follows change management processes.
- Makes improvement suggestions to process flows.
- Performs database reorganizations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum up time of the databases.
- Maintains performance metrics for databases, taking corrective action where necessary, and/or reporting on the metrics over time.
- Troubleshoots problems regarding the databases, applications and/or development tools.
- Acts in an escalation role with vendors and staff to coordinate application/operating system changes.
- Prioritizes case/points as needed.
- Puts standards into place to ensure that all applications design and code are produced with proper integrity, security, and performance.
- Performs reviews on the design and code frequency to ensure adherence to site standards.
- Implements and enforces security for all databases and may authorize new database users.
- Participates in on-call rotation and escalates issues as needed.
- Is available on a 24-hour schedule to analyze and solve problems which develop in the incumbent’s area of responsibility and expertise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Typically requires 5 years of experience in database administration that includes experiences in designing, modeling, developing, and supporting large relational database management systems in one or more computing environments.
- Experience in logical and physical database design, hands-on data modeling techniques, and development methodology, physical schema design of table spaces, rollback segments, and data files.
- Experienced in the design of data extracts, migration, and queuing facilities.
- Proficiency in the concepts and practice of database normalization techniques.
- Strong working knowledge of database concepts/design/deployment, recovery techniques, performance monitoring and tuning.
- Ability to monitor and tune the database.
- Demonstrated ability for analytical and logical thinking.
- Ability to organize and troubleshoot efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to manipulate database environment.
- Ability to work on multiple in-process tasks simultaneously, set appropriate priorities and accomplish assignments in a thorough and timely fashion.
- Detail orientated, creative and self-motivated