Senior Business Analyst-5645
We are looking for a Lead Business / System Analyst for a client in El Segundo, CA.
Primary responsibilities of this position will include:
- Serves as the primary business facing Liaison for GDPS Planning.
- Develops and maintains business partnerships to support the delivery of IT solutions and services.
- Ensures quality delivery of IT services for GDPS Planning.
- Provides Supply Chain functional expertise when partnering with business to help identify opportunities for improvement – both via process re-engineering and from automation through technology.
- Provides Supply Chain packaged solution and process expertise when connecting IT and Business stakeholders identifying new IT enabled solutions
- Develop business requirement and business case documents along with financial justification and ROI for all initiatives.
- Translates business requirements into high level technical requirements.
- Identifies options for packaged solution configurations.
- Work with business to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; and take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences during business requirement gathering stage of a project/initiative.
- Create succinct, management level summaries for both Business and IT management from detailed analyses to effectively explain root cause, impact, recommendation and rationale to either a business or GIT audience.
- Skilled at documenting current state and future state business and data process flows. Performs business process gap analysis.
- Identifies packaged solution options.
- Leads and facilitates design discussions/sessions with business.
- Elicits and documents and translates business requirements into use cases and system requirements
- Responsible for creating comprehensive user acceptance test plans.
- Lead User Acceptance testing to ensure that the system addresses the business needs from the user’s point of view.
- Manage multiple projects to coordinate all aspects of implementation and delivery of tasks necessary for successful project execution.
- Maintain effective knowledge of the Supply Chain Planning processes as well as thorough awareness of trends and developments of emerging technologies, evaluating all for appropriateness and benefit to organization.
- Evaluate timing of software version upgrades and facilitate migrations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a Business Analyst role
- 2+ years of experience in implementing an advanced planning (e.g. SAP APO, JDA, Logility, Oracle Business Suite, etc.) or ERP packaged solution
- Previous large corporate experience with consumer goods industry knowledge or end-to-end Supply Chain Planning process familiarity desired.
- Business analysis experience within IT preferably from consumer goods, fashion and entertainment industries.
- Experience with Project Management technique leading small to medium size projects.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to identify business process improvement opportunities as it relates to industry best practices and software packaged solution out of the box functionality utilization.
- Ability to analyze risks, mitigate liabilities and negotiate solutions.
- Ability to produce pertinent business project documents and business process modeling documentation.
- Ability to prepare or lead a preparation of data flow diagrams (interface diagrams)
- Hands-on knowledge of one of the advanced planning solutions or one ERP module. Super-user role can be accepted in lieu of implementation experience
- Very strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- Can communicate effectively to different functions across GIT and to different levels in the organization’s hierarchy.
- Ability to handle multiple task assignments simultaneously and work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to conduct user acceptance testing and communicate the results to the IT resources to drive for resolution or improvement.
- Project Management Professional Certification is a plus.