Senior Android Developer-5819
We are looking for a senior Android developer that can be handed a challenging problem and design and develop an appropriate solution with little to no assistance. This role will focus on building new features and improving a consumer app, as well as a retailer tablet apps. This will be a key leadership position, providing guidance and technical direction within our Android platform.
- Decompose problems into solvable pieces and translate those solutions into code. We use the best technical solution for the project so be prepared to integrate with other APIs and third party applications
- Ensure delivery of a high-quality product, by being involved in all areas of the software development life-cycle
- Drive projects from conceptualization through to successful deployment and on-going support and maintenance
- Willingness to learn other programming languages, so that you can apply your business knowledge to other applications
- Proficiency with the Android SDK, Java (or other object oriented language), and basic understanding of service oriented architecture
- Expertise in developing on the Android platform and releasing to the Play store
- Ability to troubleshoot mobile applications and explain both short and long term solutions with trade-offs
- Effective communication and ability to work as part of a team
- Familiarity with at least one version control system.
- Minimum of three years relevant experience
- Unit and integration test writing
- An undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering or mathematical field of study