Security Analyst II-6225
Beacon Technologies is recruiting for a Security Analyst II who will be responsible for ensuring that corporate assets are protected from unauthorized access as defined by corporate security policies. This position provides technical assistance with the design, installation, operation, service, and maintenance of a variety of multi-user information security systems. This is a technical specialist position that assists with the complex and detailed work necessary to establish and maintain secure systems as well as investigate and report deviations from the defined policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Researches, interprets, creates, implements, and monitors adherence to corporate security policies, standards, and processes.
- Trains end users on established security protocols and security best practices.
- Establishes and monitors adherence to required patch levels of servers, routers, switches, wireless systems, and applications.
- Researches, interprets, understands, translates, and implements required and desired security compliance frameworks.
- Evaluates information system bug reports, security exploit reports, and other information security notices issued by information system vendors, government agencies, universities, provisional associations, and other organizations, and as needed, make recommendations to internal management to take precautionary steps
- Identifies and utilizes various tools and toolkits to identify and report the security posture of corporate systems.
- Acts as the owner of security incidents and works with internal and third parties to ensure that proper procedures are followed throughout the course of such incidents including extensive documentation, chain of custody procedures, analysis, log retrieval, and data gathering.
- Assists with system and network security using firewalls, IPS, VPN, SSL, WAFS, and other security systems.
- Monitors firewall and intrusion detection logs and scrutinizes network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity.
- Recommends, implements, and manages antivirus and malware protection platforms.
- Recommends, implements, and manages web filtering technologies.
- Responds to system problems during and after normal working hours as needed.