Beacon Technologies is recruiting for an experienced Scrum Master to participate in and guide our client’s Agile process implementation. This position will guide one team (later two) in following Scrum principles and practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Guide and coach the team and organization to follow Agile/Scrum practices.
- Support and coach the Product Owner on Agile/Scrum practices, especially grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Facilitate open communication, decision-making, and conflict resolution.
- Remove impediments and/or guide the team to remove impediments.
- Improve transparency within the team and while working with business representatives.
- Guide and coach the team to become self-organized.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited four-year organization/university.
Experience and Skills Required
- Basic- 3-6 years of previous work-related experience.
- Preferred- 6 to 10 years of work related experience.
- Experience in a Scrum Master role for a software development team in at least two positions for at least two or three years each.
- Experience with and knowledge of facilitation, continuous improvement, transparency, and leadership.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile techniques – Automated Testing, User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Testing, Pairing, Swarming, etc.
- Knowledge of Agile approaches, such as Kanban, Scrum, XP, etc.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Experience with multiple teams and/or companies over a longer time is a plus.
- Experience coaching an organization during a scrum implementation is a plus.
- Previous experience in IT development, QA, or analysis is a plus.
- Familiarity with TFS and/or JIRA is a plus.