QA Analyst — 7036
Beacon Technologies is looking for a QA Analyst to work for a client located in the Madison, WI area.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Work collaboratively with agile team members to analyze changes, provide design input, think beyond the immediate definition for outlying impacts and risks.
- Validate designs and implement stories matching the business need with little formal documentation.
- Define story based test scenarios, build XML test data, execute APIs to run the test data, trace data through database to DataLake and then to PowerBI.
- Define and execute end to end scenario from UI to API to DB to Reporting.
- Test execution will include data creation (UI, XML), execute (UI, API, SQL, PowerBI), validate (XML, API, UI), triage (Schema [xsd], Transform [xslt], MS Azure, SQL, Power BI)
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities are:
- Perform duties with little supervision and guidance.
- Ability to learn and work independently in a fast-paced environment (2 week sprints).
- Provide analysis and feedback to Business Analysts on the quality and feasibility of business requests based on product knowledge and technical expertise.
- Break down the components of a technical solution and plan test execution based on applicable risk.
- Work with agile team members to resolve conflicts in understanding, design and implementation of requests.
- Build test data in XML format.
- Ensure APIs are secure and function per request from a business and technical perspective.
- Triages failures using given skills and knowledge (Review XSD, XSLT, XML, API request and response, MS Azure log, DB)
- Utilize SQL, DataLake, PowerBI and data analysis skill sets to ensure data quality and accurate BI analytics.
- Test from UI and traces data through API, database and into PowerBI/DataLake.
- Communicate issues and risks directly to the SCRUM Master, technical lead(s), product owner, and QA leadership.
- Identify, communicate, and assist in analysis of defects.
- Knowledge of P&C insurance, Agile Methodology, QA Best Practices and SDLC lifecycle, DuckCreek, Skill Set, Microsoft VSTS, XSD, XML, XSLT, MS Azure, APIs, Logic Apps, Postman, PowerBI, DataLake, SQL Server Management Studio and TransACT sql, and Automation scripting.