Project Manager (Scrum)-6330
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for planning, monitoring, and closing assigned complex projects and programs (multiple interrelated projects) which are designed to achieve business results (e.g., improve customer satisfaction, advance the company’s competitive position and/or products, and lower administrative expenses). The incumbent is responsible for ensuring assigned projects’ goals and deliverables are aligned with the company’s strategic mission and business objectives.
70% – Project management:
- Provide project management of assigned complex corporate projects and programs through the application of industry standard processes and tools within the project management knowledge areas (integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human resources, communication, risk, and procurement management).
- Manage the scope and schedule of projects and programs and work within budget with assigned resources.
- Provide overall project and project team leadership, identify issues and risks and negotiate with core team and Portfolio committee members to overcome business, technology, and interpersonal challenges.
- Establish and monitor project performance metrics and prepare and maintain project documentation.
- Manage project risks by developing contingency plans and report project status to all stakeholders.
- Facilitate meetings with sponsors and stakeholders to identify project requirements and ensure alignment with strategic goals.
- Monitor and manage the efficient use of resources across the project portfolio so as to monitor trends.
- Assist the PMO Manager in educating and ensuring all levels of staff and management and understand Project Management Office processes and responsibilities; work closely with team members to provide training on strategic initiatives.
15% – Process and tool development and implementation:
- Monitor results against established timelines, deliverables, tasks, dependencies, and associated technical specifications.
- Prepare comprehensive support plans in the areas of quality control, risk management, change management, testing and other associated project management areas.
- Provide recommended process improvement changes to PMO stage gate process and methodology.
10% – Leadership/Mentoring:
- Assist the PMO Manager with the training and development of less senior staff.
- Mentor (and assist the director to mentor) other PMO staff to further the overall maturity of the company’s project management program.
- Train department staff on new and current project management policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Lead and coach less senior staff on more complex projects.
- Assist the PMO Manager in ensuring the effective identification, development, implementation, and utilization of policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Evaluate the tools and techniques used by the PMO to manage projects; and ensure that PMO tools and applications provide the benefits and features needed to achieve the company’s strategic objectives.
5% – Professional development
- Continued learning of emerging project management practices as might be obtained through trade journals, independent research, involvement in professional associations, and/or participation in appropriate training opportunities.
- Perform work in association with industry recognized standards, guidelines and practices.
- Adhere to established policy and procedures with respect to project management methodology quality assurance and other related standards.
Required Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, computer science, or related field or commensurate education or experience.
- Seven to eight years of experience in project management, including:
- Managing complex, large-scale deployments.
- Effectively leading and implementing a wide array of complex automation and non-automation corporate projects.
- Establishing and implementing business requirements, standards, and project work plans.
- Leading mixed business and technology project teams, including internal and external resources
- Effective collaboration and team building skills.
- Establishing and implementing of ambitious yet achievable objectives, standards, and project work plans.
- Knowledge and experience with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Microsoft Word, Excel, OneNote, and PowerPoint).
- Strong quality orientation with attention to detail and desire to deliver excellent services and deliverables.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques used to develop, test, and implement business information systems.
- Excellent performance in present and past positions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to listen, communicate persuasively with a variety of audiences and individuals at all levels of the organization; facilitate groups to achieve objectives, including resolution of conflict within groups or among individuals; and compose clear and concise correspondence and narrative reports.
- Experience delivering effective training and group presentations
- Effective leadership of professionals (i.e., prior supervisoryor other leadership experience) that results in achievement of desired results.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and planning skills.
- Strong business and technology coordination capabilities through the use of communication, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to identify problems, research and analyze issues from multiple perspectives, reach sound conclusions, and make appropriate decisions and recommendations.
- Ability to establish appropriate objectives and budgets and manage them effectively.
- Accountable, open, candid, and transparent.
- Ability to be composed and adaptive in a dynamic, fast-paced, customer-focused work environment characterized by rapid change, minimal lead times, and multiple competing priorities.
- Results driven.
- Flexibility to work the number and schedule of hours needed to accomplish regular and ad hoc job responsibilities.
- Ability to work in typical office conditions with frequent use of computer equipment.
- Commitment to excellence in customer service and the company’s cultural and other values.
- Commitment to achieving key results.
- Excellent performance in current and prior positions.
Preferred Knowledge, Certifications, and Experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Knowledge of most of the company’s information systems.
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively utilize Project, OneNote, and SharePoint.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Experience in the health insurance industry.