Beacon is recruiting for an experienced Senior Project Manager to drive participation and lead critical, strategic projects across their client’s organization. This role will be responsible for the overall success of large, complex projects by demonstrating strong planning, execution, monitoring and resource balancing to ensure timely implementation of project deliverables within budget.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end:
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with project sponsors and stakeholders
- Develop full-scale project plans and communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders accordingly
- Plan, track and schedule project timelines, milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools
- Analyze status report results, troubleshoot problem areas, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans
- Work with PMO, internal departments, external vendors and senior leadership to negotiate the acquisition of required resources for projects, from: internal staff, consultants or additional/new staff
- Coach, mentor and motivate junior project managers, project team members and contractors to grow PMO methodology understanding and adherence
- Provide process improvements and best practices to the PMO
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or similar project management certification preferred.
- 7+ years of project management experience, specifically working as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and taking a consultative approach in making recommendations and advising staff at all levels across the organization.
- Excellent meeting process and facilitation skills.
- Health insurance industry experience is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of personal computers and proficient in Microsoft Project.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and apply analytical thinking skills.
- Effective communication skills, with a focus on motivating and influencing internal and external parties across a broad spectrum of disciplines.