This position works primarily with senior business leaders and subject matter experts to manage the completion of business tasks and strategic initiatives. The position oversees all aspects of the initiatives including deliverables, deadlines, confirming /assigning responsibilities, tracking risks, issues, dependencies, action items and overall project progress. S/he serves as the primary point of contact for project/task status and facilitating strong partnerships with stakeholders. Ideal candidates will have superior communication, stakeholder management and organizational skills, be able to offer sound business judgment, and demonstrate a collaborative working style.
- Effectively manage tasks and projects to achieve defined business outcomes by creating a high performing team of business stakeholders to initiate, design and deliver business process solutions
- Manage project dependencies, tasks and milestones, ensuring that individual project deliverables are met and that overall business benefits are achieved.
- Adjust plans, goals, actions or priorities to meet the needs of changing situations.
- Effectively create and present project information to influence organization leaders and key stakeholders.
- Maintain exceptional communications within the project team and with all external stakeholders. This includes producing accurate project status reports, decision logs and project documentation to ensure team alignment and to drive progress.
- Communicate and escalate project risks and issues as appropriate.
- Maintain a reliable and quality project schedule, collaborating with third-party contributors.
- Leverage best practice scheduling tactics to monitor project progress and critical path dependencies. Appropriately gauge remaining work schedule needs.
- Anticipate and manage obstacles to the completion of projects.
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to appropriately plan and accomplish business goals.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude as needed is expected.
- Contribute towards a positive working environment by demonstrating accountability, understanding, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, creativity and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school or relevant experience commensurate with a four year degree
- Seven years relevant experience
- Experience in Property & Casualty Commercial Insurance required
Relevant Project Management Knowledge
- Expert knowledge of project management principles and methodologies
- Experience with Microsoft Project.
- Knowledge and capabilities with common computer, software, information and communication technology devices, components, and concepts